Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting dole on different day from PO and the dole week?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Hi, Apologies as this has likely been asked before.

I collect my dole every Tuesday from the PO and the receipt I get is dated from the previous Wednesday to that Tuesday. So for example last Tuesday 22nd Feb, the payment period was Wed 16th - Tuesday 22nd.

Firstly I was wondering is that the situation for everyone, collecting payment on the last day of the pay period?

Secondly, I don't know if I can make the PO this Tuesday due to a possible interview. I am wondering can I collect on Wednesday? I have heard that it stays in the PO for a few days but I am wondering is it still there on Wednesday as it is a new dole week. Or could I collect on Monday, but I am not sure is it even issued on Monday, as my initial letter when going on the dole said to collect on Tuesdays.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense in any way. Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

I think I've seen this question asked about 4 times in the last week. :P

I forget my payment. I'm pretty sure it's from wednesday to tuesday. I collect it every wednesday. So, next wednesday it would be from this wednesday (just gone) to next tuesday.

Anyway, yeah, the money will stay in the post office for at least three days. Mine does be there till Monday. I wouldn't leave it more than two days just to be sure.

You can't collect it before it's issued (although I have heard of some people collecting it a day early), apart from when instructed (if the post office was closed that day). but you should be fine even if you don't get in on the day to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭nickobrien1985

I was on JSA until recently.
    I was able to collect from my Post Office - Mon, Tues, Wedn, and Thurs.
    I think that generally the case.

Go in Monday and see if you can collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Ok thank you for your replies.

I think it should still be there on the Wednesday then but might call into PO on Monday too, although I have a feeling it won't be there Monday.

Am I right in saying everyone's collection day is at the end of the dole week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Ok thank you for your replies.

I think it should still be there on the Wednesday then but might call into PO on Monday too, although I have a feeling it won't be there Monday.

Am I right in saying everyone's collection day is at the end of the dole week?

Mine is. It's backdated by a week (six days; you do not get dole for sunday).

Basically, for me, the day you collect it (as in the day you *should* collect it) is when the next weeks payment starts.

Advertisement