Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Election Coverage

• 26-02-2011 9:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Moment of the day so far has to go to Seán O'Rourke on Radio 1 during an interview with Brian Cowan.

"Sorry Taoiseach, I have to cut you short there to go to the Mayo count, Enda Kenny's constituency."

They couldn't have timed it better. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You're better off on this thread rabbit... following all the coverage, and for once on the Politics forum, it's actually a bit of a laugh and not full of nutjobs (present company excluded)..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056192579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In fairness, cracking coverage from RTE radio - Sean O'Rourke & Rachel English playing a blinder. They must be wrecked though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Poochie05 wrote: »
    In fairness, cracking coverage from RTE radio - Sean O'Rourke & Rachel English playing a blinder. They must be wrecked though!

Agreed. All of RTE's coverage has been excellent. Did VB even go to any of the counts on TV3?? They're the best bits, sampling the different atmospheres...all a bit stuffy in the TV3 studio unfortunately, too much analysis. :(

Still love ya Vinny! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just changed to The Last Word special for a change of scene but I can't listen to John Drennan - hate his snide tone and Cooper in the background laughing as if someone said a rude word in class :rolleyes:
    Back to RTE for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Got to agree.

RTÉ's coverage on TV, Radio and Online has been excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Indeed, credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Indeed, credit where credit is due.

The Flut calls is correctly as usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They have a webcam in the studio, much better viewing than the tripe on tv :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Overall I thought Newstalk's build up to election day was very good. Ivan & Chris in the morning were brilliant. And, as I've said before, Newstalk's subtle mentions relating to the campaign on unrelated programmes was excellent.

Sean Moncrieff handled it perfectly.
    His build up to the election was handled with the usual mixture of sarchasm, cynisism, seriousness and other words I cant spell.

But he passed it off perfectly as if it was just another walk in the park.

And to him it probably was! (yet the listener is left thinking he lets knows more than is going on.)

Henry McKeen was an embarrassing disaster. He was good once. But when you are sent out to report about the underware sizes of future leaders, you have to ask yourself where things are going with your career.
    Some things just aren't funny anymore.

In fact, Tom Dunne's little references to the election were were more entertaining.

George Hook.
    Did he happen to tell you that his show was "A politician Free Zone" for the last two weeks of the campaign?
    Just in case you missed that The Right Hook was a politician free zone in case you missed George Hook happen to mention it in passing.

You can be sure that George Hook will entertain any amount of politicians in the coming months (assuming they bother to turn up to meet him.)

I don't mind, Newstalk won the battle of the airwaves in the run up to the election with Ivan & Chris in the morning. However they let themselves down in other ways.

Overall RTÉ won the war.

After all there was no a politician free zone in RTÉ during the run up to the General Election contested by politicians.

Hookie take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I thought newstalk on Saturday was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

agreed.

i had to turn off RTE after the first hour or so as they were practically in tears at what was happening.

it was bizarre to hear the presenter admonish a statician on the outcome of the election for SF when he mooted 15 seats, actuallly getting the bloke to come back on later revising his estimate down to 10.

bet theyre embarresed by that now.

when newstalk kicked off at 10am it pretty much stayed on all day for me (was in work so had no option ! )

TV and internet coverage was excellent though.

Advertisement