Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to get driving lessons but learners permit has expired

• 26-02-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I previously asked whether I need to take the driver theory test again considering that my learners permit had expired. I was told I was okay as long as it hadn't been expired for more then 5 years.

However I want to start taking official lessons and I think I need a valid permit for them.

My question is do I need to take the theory test again so I can get a new learners permit in order to get driving lessons, not for taking the test. If so do I just apply again as if I was getting my first permit?

If anyone could give me any advice I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Goto your local motor tax office, fill in the relevant form and apply for a new learners permit, unless as you say, yours is expired more than 5 years.

Once you receive your new one you're all set to begin lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bookworm192398

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Hi, Could I just get clarification on a related matter? In order to get my permit renewed I need to send in evidence that I've failed a test or have a test upcoming right? If I apply for a test now, will I have time to get the permit renewed and get the driving lessons before I have to take the test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

Hi, Could I just get clarification on a related matter? In order to get my permit renewed I need to send in evidence that I've failed a test or have a test upcoming right? If I apply for a test now, will I have time to get the permit renewed and get the driving lessons before I have to take the test?

You only need to show evidence of a test if it is your third permit you are applying for. If this is the case, you can apply and then postbone the test to give you more time if needed. The waiting list is roughly two / three months.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. :)

Advertisement