Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant problems

Options
  • 26-02-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. You see i applied for a grant last august and at the same time i did this i sent in my course acceptance form. At the time i thought i was doing a level 8 course in maynooth, but i received another offer in dit to do a level 7 which was a better course. at the time i was told by a close friend who im not friends with anymore. she told me that i would receive a form asking the college to get my details. I sent this form back to the hea, then on thursday while i wasn't home my mother received a call saying that i needed to call them immediately. I did some research, then realized my so called friend was wrong and im taking full responsibility for it. I know its a lot to ask but has anyone been in this situation, if so can you give me any advice on what to do? im really stuck for money and if i lose this grant im done in college, i was already struggling but this will crush me.

Thank you!

Comments

Sorry, it might just be me but you haven't made yourself very clear here; what did they call you about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 babybobblehead

The thing is i don't know. They called my home number while i was at college, my sister took the message but didn't understand them. She said they told her about the mix up between the level 7 and level 8 and that i had to contact them immediately, they gave her a number but i haven't a clue what its for. I tried putting 046,086 etc in front of it but it didn't work so assume its a ref number? Oh ive also tried contacting them since but they don't answer the phone and they only open wednesdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

The thing is i don't know. They called my home number while i was at college, my sister took the message but didn't understand them. She said they told her about the mix up between the level 7 and level 8 and that i had to contact them immediately, they gave her a number but i haven't a clue what its for. I tried putting 046,086 etc in front of it but it didn't work so assume its a ref number? Oh ive also tried contacting them since but they don't answer the phone and they only open wednesdays!

Take the day off, go to their office and don't leave until everything is sorted out. Bring any and all documents that you may need.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 babybobblehead

i got it sorted took a couple a days off but finally got there...thing is i was supposed 2 get all d backpayment on the 15th of march but it never came:/so much for sorted!

Advertisement