Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games suitable for on-board graphics?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I've got a Dell Inspiron 6400, 2gb RAM and Mobile Intel 945 Express integrated graphics, approx 256mb memory.

Obviously this limits the games I can play, but it doesn't mean I have to stick to super old games. I've played Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) grand, and completed HL2 as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

You could try some of the Popcap titles. Maybe Plants vs Zombies?

and dont forget Quake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

What games do you like and what genres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

What games do you like and what genres?
    Uh I'll try anything really. Although obviously stuff like FPS isn't suited for a laptop and touchpad. Fav games are Football Manager, AOE, Machinarium, Farenheit, Theme Hospital :D

Uh I'll try anything really. Although obviously stuff like FPS isn't suited for a laptop and touchpad. Fav games are Football Manager, AOE, Machinarium, Farenheit, Theme Hospital :D

If you can get a use mouse (even a wireless one) you could probably play a lot more games.

If AOE means age of empires, try downloading the demo of the third one, you should be able to run it.

What's your processor spec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

If you can get a use mouse (even a wireless one) you could probably play a lot more games.

If AOE means age of empires, try downloading the demo of the third one, you should be able to run it.

What's your processor spec?
    I have a mouse but I don't really use my laptop on a desk so it's not an option.

I've played AOE3, great game :)

Intel T2130 1.9GHz (x2)

• Advertisement

Not using a mouse really limits a lot of things. If you don't mind old school beat-'em-ups try Streets of Rage Remake.
    http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1012

Good game, long and fairly difficult. The final version should be coming out soon (althought I have no idea when). If you like Theme Hospital I suppose Rollercoaster Tycoon would be the next step, there's a demo for the 3rd one. Tropico is moreso about a city (well a small island) but I dunno if you can run the latest one, again there is a demo. Both could be managed by the touchpad. Oh, try CIV 4 (it's not up everyone's alley) but since it's a turn based strategy, you can play it with the touchpad. Also, there is a demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hunt the Wumpus
    Pong
    Asteroids
    Oregon Trail
    Zork
    Myst

etc

Advertisement