Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any late night/tenish cafe's serving cake etc?

• 26-02-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I've just started seeing a guy that doesn't/can't drink- he's been off it a year and still finds it a struggle. I'd love to know if there are any late opening places that we could go to that are like the cake cafe/queen of tarts? Light food, with no dominant drinking, relaxed atmosphere? Resturants and the wine culture are a little heavy for him? cheers everyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

They don't do cake, but the tea garden could be a good idea for a date:

http://www.tea-garden.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I think Moda in Rathmines stays open through the evening, but I'm not sure until what time. It's quite a relaxed place, worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

You'll never last

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Bewleys. Sit on the balcony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Kylemore at the corner of North Earl and O'Connell Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Lahm wrote: »
    Kylemore at the corner of North Earl and O'Connell Street.

Yes, but I'm sure she want's the relationship to last!!OP- try Lemon Jelly in Temple Bar (the west side near Purty Kitchen/Fitzsimons). They are open very late (esp at weekends) and serve coffees/deserts/cakes etc There's one or two other places around it that are similar if this doesn't suit but their names escape me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SupaReckless

maybe not, but I'd like for it not to work out based on lack of chemisty or attraction, not because, since I started socializing at 16, I've never had to think further then the local pub. Everyone I know drinks, every social function, celebration or commiseration is spent there, actually even meeting this guy and seeing his struggle and trying to wrack my brains of other choices has made me sit back re assess my own relationship with drink. And that alone even if I never see him again will have been a brilliant encounter

Thanks for the positivity and advice guys, some really good choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

maybe not, but I'd like for it not to work out based on lack of chemisty or attraction, not because, since I started socializing at 16, I've never had to think further then the local pub. Everyone I know drinks, every social function, celebration or commiseration is spent there, actually even meeting this guy and seeing his struggle and trying to wrack my brains of other choices has made me sit back re assess my own relationship with drink. And that alone even if I never see him again will have been a brilliant encounter

Thanks for the positivity and advice guys, some really good choices.

I have nothing but admiration for you and I mean that. Sorry I can't recommend anywhere in Dublin. I hope it works out beyond a cake date.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Do Queen of Tarts or the "Cake Cafe" off Camden St stay open late??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SupaReckless

Do Queen of Tarts or the "Cake Cafe" off Camden St stay open late??

unfortunately not- they're ideal, relaxed vibe is what I was looking to create, past 8ish, as we both work late.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Ah feck!
    There must be some good lil place around?

Oooh, actually, there are some nice places in the Italian Quarter, which will be lovely now that the weather is getting good, as someone mentioned above.

Also what about 3FE? Not sure how late it opens...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Ah feck!
    There must be some good lil place around?

Oooh, actually, there are some nice places in the Italian Quarter, which will be lovely now that the weather is getting good, as someone mentioned above.

Also what about 3FE? Not sure how late it opens...

Yup. There's a LemonJelly in the Italian Quarter that is open late. And they have live music some evenings as well! Hope that helps.

Advertisement