Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Temple Bar - How were they allowed open there?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

would have been better if it were a Superquinn

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm Failing to see how this is bad for Temple Bar/ruins the area :confused:

Its not big, it doesn't stick out, its in a great location. Very welcomed as I live in the area and the SuperValu down on the quays is awful.

Its nice, bright and airy, unlike the Jervis one which is a bit depressing. Dunnes on Georges Street is rubbish and as you say supervalu on Aston Quay is probably the most depressing supermarket in Dublin, I'm delighted it was put there and I'm sure most temple bar/surrounding area residents are too,

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I presume it has an ATM in it aswell? At least there is that then, badly needed for the area. I wish there was an order to make shop fronts to blend in and be less garish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

TheUsual wrote: »
    I never go into any Tesco.
    They are like a virus, the whole Country will just a giant Tesco one day.

Vote with your feet (and Euro).

I really don't see what the attraction whit tesco is.. They are not really that good value, the brands that they stock can be limited and their own brand is sh*t when compared to dunnes, supervalu and even lidl and aldi stuff!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

RMD wrote: »
    Sounds as disgraceful as any other crap on Fleet Street, modern nightclubs, burger joints and fishing tackle shops all sound about as classy as a Tescos.
    :eek:

Rorys was there from 1959. Probably the oldest shop in temple bar, and probably the one "non tourist" shop in the whole area.

Advertisement