Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my phone just getting old?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 10:47pm

I've had my Sony Ericsson W595 for just over two years now and recently it's started to act up quite a bit.

It's battery doesn't last as long as it used to. In the beginning it could go for a week without charging now I need to plug it in every two days at least. :(

Annoyingly, sometimes my phone loses signal for no reason. It wouldn't matter how good the reception was 2 seconds earlier or the fact I haven't moved an inch. I've found that the problem doesn't fix itself, when the signal goes it's gone forever. The only way to fix it is to turn the phone off and on again.

The main problem now is the camera. It takes pictures fine, the troubles arises when I'm trying to upload the pictures to my laptop. It just won't do it. Even if somehow one photo manages to escape from my phone it decides it's not going to be visible. I don't know if the file works on any other device but when it's on my laptop I can't see it. :mad:
    Then, in pure frustration I try to just delete all my photos on the phone because I'm too fed up with them, but I can't. THEY'RE INDESTRUCTIBLE ASSHOLES.

So, my question is: can any if not all of these problems be fixed or is it best to go out a buy a new phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You done well to get 2 years out of it, back up all your data and run the Sony Ericsson update service on it and see does that cure the problem.
    The time is slowly approaching for a new one. The warranty is out now if it's over 2yrs old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Factory reset and a new battery might do the trick.

You done well to get 2 years out of it, back up all your data and run the Sony Ericsson update service on it and see does that cure the problem.
    The time is slowly approaching for a new one. The warranty is out now if it's over 2yrs old.

Care to elaborate on this update service?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

A phone should last way more than 2 years if its treated properly. I know in 2003-2006 an awful lot of very poor quality phones came on the market but most of those are gone now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't see why a wipe and fresh update won't put a phone back to its original condition (software wise).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I assume your photos are stored on the little memory card which comes with the phone. If you get yourself an adaptor for it (perhaps one came with the phone?), you can pop it into the card reader and get them off it that way.

Advertisement