Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash Experimenting C&C please

• 26-02-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Having attended a workshop with Ronan Palliser I have been experimenting with a single off camera flash with home made diffuser and lastolite reflector. Any C&C on these is most gratefully appreciated.

Canon 7D, Canon 24-105mm @ 85mm, 1/250", f5.6, iso 100, Wireless flash
    Egyptian_statue_1.jpg

Canon 7D, Canon 24-105mm @ 60mm, 1/250", f5.6, iso 100, Wireless flash
    bionicle_1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Subjects look well exposed but the backgrounds are very distracting

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

First one looks beautifully lit, but the second has waay overcooked colours.

Yes, the backgrounds are distracting, but thats an easy enough fix provided you can get the subject lit properly.

Fran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Both are well lit, and while the lego colours are saturated I think it suits the subject. So, from a lighting POV I think you are doing well. The backgrounds are poor though, and really detract from the photos. I suggest you get some sheets of A3 paper, or coloured card for use as backdrop.

Would you mind sharing your setup? I have done a few here, if you are interested..Cheers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056178407

Advertisement