Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lock your cars at night!!

Options
  • 26-02-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Stepped outside the house this morning to see my car door open, and the inside like it was in an accident. went through everything. under the seat, in the ashtray... and the only thing missing is an electric razor - so i know the culprit will be have a close shave at least. Seriously though, can only blame myself for not locking the car at night. stupid thing to do. Never assumed the scumbags would come into your drive trying the doors to see if its open.

Called the guards, and there have been 60 such incidents in the area this week. Just glad i didn't have my laptop.. digital SLR, ipod, itouch, golf clubs in there - as i have done on occassion.

Learnt a valuable lesson at least, without too much damage - will need to grow a beard though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Whereabouts are you .... 60 in a week ,have to avoid there like a plague:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

wonka wrote: »
    Just glad i didn't have my laptop.. digital SLR, ipod, itouch, golf clubs in there - as i have done on occassion.
    Just as well you didn't leave the family silver in there as well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

60 in a week in Rochestown area. I'm in Mount Oval, which they hit last night. They did leave my bluetooth though!

You just game me an idea on how to implement a system that could track and locate the thieves to their location. Not that hard to do once you use the tech in the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Who doesn't lock their car all the time?

• Advertisement

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Who doesn't lock their car all the time?
    the fella who is sporting a beard and is a travelling salesman who lives in his car. Plus for some reason he has an SLR camera in the main part of the car as well at times, cant work that one out unless he keeps his whole tech in the car at one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

One of ours was done in Douglas - always lock it, but kids have a habit of playing with keys and can only think they 'plipped' it open.....

only thing taken was my sat nav cradle which was flipping expensive ! - left the wife's Barry Manilow :rolleyes:CD though

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

one thing that has happened me a few times, having car keys in my pocket sitting down in home. Not noticing the pressure being put on the central locking and coming out to my windows fully down!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

pulled up behind a car in parnell place this evening, and someone left their car keys on the booth door. VW Passat. car had shopping and sat nav on dash, two chid seats in back, so presume they were sorting out kids and forgot keys...
    Called the guards, and squad came by for keys, think they were either going to wait for owners or leave note to call them....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

7 cars in our park were broken into in on the same night a week ago. There is defo a gang around. Gardai need to get on it

EDIT: this was in Grange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Good job you didn't leave the keys in the ignition. Would you recommend locking the house up as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

60 in a week in Rochestown area. I'm in Mount Oval, which they hit last night. They did leave my bluetooth though!

My sisters in Mount Oval too and her car got hit up there on Friday night. Bastards took her satnav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MorganG831

Buy a garage mate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

They did leave my bluetooth though!

If it was blue it was probably due an extraction anyway

Advertisement