Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What you think about new update:)

• 26-02-2011 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

So recently Mojang got a new update for minecraft... know as 1.3_01 I belive. So tell me what you think about it :) good or bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wezo1994

Its pretty good too be honest, I love the bed idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mexican_Panda

mine still isnt working very bad lagg online i cant destroy blocks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 alisdairb

Fairly good update this time around not many bugs i have spotted apart from the odd few with the beds.

Has anyone noticed if the slimes have been added back in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 whiteboii

i like it since theres new items but i lost like 2 worlds because of it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TheMadMan697

i think the new blocks were a good idea. i still dont no if i like the bed idea. one thing i dont like is that when online and you teleport it does not load the chunks for ages. thats a quite anoying bug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ShorterStraws

Yeah i really like th bed idea it makes building things so much easier when you can just skip the night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The lighting was a great improvement, far more natural looking now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mileseverett

I like it very much, the beds are soo useful for when your building somthing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FloodedAsylum

I've made an army barracks with bunk beds :) works the same way as ppl make street lamps with fences

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I hate it. Its an unfinished patch and broke many servers.

The bed doesnt work in multiplayer unless everyone sleeps at the same time. Otherwise it crashes the server.
    The lighting fix was just an implementation of another mod.
    The repeaters were also an implentation of another mod.

I would've been happy with 1.2 and wait a little longer for extra features for 1.3 instead of almost breaking a game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pwnzorz

I find it pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ShorterStraws

yeah true it has messed up multiplayer but it is not too bad in single player. I think Notch should use more peoples mods as they make the game a lot better and mods are a pain to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

i like that they put in beds as sometime the nights can take forever to go by and also teh new lighting is alot more helpful than the old lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Dont you think the beds make it too easy? u can just sleep and not worry bout mobs at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HiipFire

You can also just go to peaceful or make like a private obsidian chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Yh I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

The bed and all is a nice touch if only it became your spawn point.
    Does anyone else have a problem of SSP lagging a lot since the update aswell as MP???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peculiar_Man

emply113 wrote: »
    So recently Mojang got a new update for minecraft... know as 1.3_01 I belive. So tell me what you think about it :) good or bad?
    It was a good idea but i can't use the "T" button any more to use command codes i even deleted my .minecraft file and nothing, changed the button still nothing can you just not use it any more ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

I would die to sleep on the NEW creeper bed, in real life..

You know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

I've had no problems so far, even on my SMP server, I had a respawn bug where you spawned with random Diamond tools, but nothing inventory editing can't fix to balance.

I love the lighting, and with a nice texture pack it's even better. Repeaters? Meh, not that bothered, havn't used redstone that much.

Beds are sort of 'meh' I was expecting them to be a bit more appealing, especially since you can make fancier ones out of wool and wooden signs. I would've prefferred a "bed maker" that you'd put under the bed you wanted or something to make it into a bed, that way you could just have a couch as a bed or something like that.

Okay update though in my books. I'll be looking forward to the scarecrow and stuff coming soon. Hopefully the full documentary will reveal more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AdamCrafter

I think it was a cheap move by Notch, because he just added in others' work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Well I'd rather him impliment mods then have to mess with the game that much personally.
    I have mods, but if a lot of people enjoy them, there's no reason to not impliment them in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AdamCrafter

Well I would too, but when he implements them incorrectly and winds up breaking the game, or damaging it harshly for that matter, it's not worth it... and it makes it just as cheap/useless/retarded..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Airbourne333

i really like the new lighting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not sure about beds, the appeal of this game to me mostly is building cool things, but only if they have a chance to be destroyed at night etc and if it is an actual challenge to defend it. I would like teh idea even of user controlled bad guys and user controlled villagers fighting em off!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

Beds are awesome

Advertisement