Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

be aware of scam website for cheap camera. firstcameras

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There are a plethora of these scam sites out there and we have had quite a few threads about various incarnations.

If it looks too good, then it probably is. Asking for payment by direct transfer (Western Union etc.) is also a give away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Also be wary of 90% of camera equipment for sale on Gumtree. Some ridonkulous prices can be found over there, as the man says. If it sounds too good to be true ... I've had to block numerous email responses from that place. Stick to adverts for used gear mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flaviu

Also be wary of 90% of camera equipment for sale on Gumtree. Some ridonkulous prices can be found over there, as the man says. If it sounds too good to be true ... I've had to block numerous email responses from that place. Stick to adverts for used gear mostly.

I know, that is ridiculous.. what's the story there? are they asking for credit card information or meeting with you to mug you?

It's always the same email, first they'll ask "Is the item still for sale" - that's your first clue to it being dodgy. They don't mention what they're inquiring about. Just "the item".

next you'll get a follow up mail, usually from a different email address, asking if you will send the 'item' you're selling to West Africa, as it's for a friend who is on a trip out there and they ask for your paypal details.

Just looked at Gumtree today and it's flooded with canon gear listed for extraordinary low prices. There's tonnes of them, and they've pushed all the genuine adverts back pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flaviu

i have an old 5D i'd like to trade for a 1D II, which online marketplace would you recommend. I'd prefer to sell/buy/trade in person, considering we're talking about used gear. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement

Adverts.ie is the safest for trading, stick it up there. It's free.

Advertisement