Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented Apt - Washing Machine Door has come off?

Options
  • 27-02-2011 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Home from work this evening and put on a wash... Only remembered it was finished a few mins ago. Opened door and it came off in my hand! :(
    Is it landlords responsibility to take care of this? Living here over a year and have never bothered the man once, no abuse to washing machine either - The second I put my hand on the door it came off! :mad:
    (Just glad I got my work clothes washed!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yes, unless you miss-used the machine (child yanked on the door or something), it is the LL's responsibility to get it fixed/ replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hey Silja - no, no children here. Just myself. And I wouldn't overload it or anything... I kinda figured it was up to him - just wanted some reassurance before I ring him tomorrow! :o

Advertisement