Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Drumcondra

Options
  • 27-02-2011 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi ppl! Wot do you think of living in Drumcondra, Richmond Road and nearby...Please answer as soon as possible. Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

The first house share I had was on clonturk road which is very near you. I thought it was a nice area, I would have stayed only for the girl who's room I was renting was away on a J1 for the summer and needed someone to rent out the room for her. Nice area, not too dodgy, I've lived in dodgier areas.

You have Fagans near by (Berties local watering hole) and you have a tesco express both on the drumcondra road. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

I've lived on Richmond Road for the last three years and like it. I'm on the Ballybough end of it, and it's a very handy location, near to the 123 bus, plenty of shops, pubs, takeaways etc. Taxis are cheap - anywhere from 6 euro to 8.50 from the City Centre. The Drumcondra end is nicer, imo since there are more houses down that end and fewer industrial premises. You have a huge choice of buses into the city centre. And Drumcondra has lots of shops and nice pubs, restaurants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If you're into your football Tolka Park is on Richmond Rd home to Shelbourne FC, one of Irelands most successfull clubs.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Marcando

Thx, it looks fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You have Fagans near by (Berties local watering hole) and you have a tesco express both on the drumcondra road. :)

Not to mention Thunders Bakery. Nom :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cosmic wrote: »
    Not to mention Thunders Bakery. Nom :pac:

Pass that place sometimes, what do you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The-Rigger wrote: »

Anything! Their cakes and pastries are just amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭damomeasa

I can imagine summertime Sundays to be unimaginably irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

The-Rigger wrote: »

Got an apple tart on the weekend €5, but worth every penny - delicious!!!

Its a great area to live in - I live on the other end of Richmond road, but the Drumcondra end is great, with everything (shops, pubs, buses) close by. Never really see any trouble or anything and there's always a nice atmosphere on weekends in the summer when the GAA is on (apart from some noise and extra traffic).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I used to live on Russell street. OH MY GOD ON MATCH DAYS IT WAS RIDIC! :rolleyes::D Great to hear all the cheering though :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Roma chipper brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Roma chipper brilliant stuff

Incorrect. That place has chips that taste like cardboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You're a bit away from Croke Park.

I always reckoned it's better to live inside the cordon then outside it, I used to live on Clonliffe Rd.
    Except for rubbish on your lawn and people pissing behind your garden wall or have to time when you come or go depending on match times, it was a great place to live :)

The cheering was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lovely area - gets a bit dreary all right heading towards Dorset Street/Clonliffe Road, but north of the canal is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

And it only be a 30 minute (Up sixty minute, depends on the pint intake) stagger from town

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Colham wrote: »
    Incorrect. That place has chips that taste like cardboard

That's debatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

really nice area,
    live on dorset st and i walk up there to the park and all
    never seen any trouble round these areas and its easy into town

Advertisement