Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Fails in Minecraft!

• 27-02-2011 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

So what are your biggest fails in minecraft?

Post below :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pwnzorz

When I thought it was a good idea to try to bring a creeper into the basement of my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mileseverett

A fail of mine was when I spent many many hours creating a minecart system only to find out that it wouldnt be like a train (Minecarts would continuly circle it)

That world has loads of awesome stuff on it loads of diamond (Legit) boxes of coal and stuff and then it got deleted when minecraft 1.3 came out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mileseverett

Another big fail, I tried to surround my WOODEN house with that stuff from the nether that never goes out when u light on fire, It didnt turn out well :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

my biggest fail would probably be when some creepers blew up my roller coaster that wasnt very interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AdamCrafter

I lit my own house on fire.... because I sneezed and clicked my flint on my rug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

I decided to go with Lava lighting in a wooden house, well apparantly wood and lava dont go well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tollan

I fell into lava and dropped all my iron, diamonds and gold. When I went back into the cave I fell into the lava again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigmanjan

when i tryed to collect lava and fell in with my dimond pick ,sword,showel and axe . untill today i have no idea why i had my axe with me at that point.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigmanjan

i forgot to mension to say that that was my first post everyone and this is my second .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peculiar_Man

Well its a long story that may need to be posted a couple of times.

• Advertisement

i had been digging for about 2 days got about 55 diamond 31 gold and 3 sets of iron and 5 sets of coal and started digging up hit lava....

saved my self with a bucket of water i had....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Please stop spamming. You dont need 25 posts to get on the server anymore.

dug another hole up not too far and burned
    but that's not all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

Putting a lava lamp on my wooden floor :pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SimpleOrder

i fell into some lava with my diamond tools, i was freikin mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Forest Fire. Enough said. I spent ages roaming for wood and saplings again!

Thinking it'd be cool to have an open topped house for a while beside a load of trees.
    Creepers can spawn in trees I soon found out. :(

Spent about an hour or two getting my server up and running properly with friends being able to connect and all that stuff and then playing it. Then played it for about 2-3 days.
    Moved my foot over the power switch on my extension lead.

WORLD CORRUPTED

*implodes*

I hadn't backed up the world. After doing it twice on seperate occasions needless to say the extension lead is now moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

My original, and very wooden, house on Tallon's server had a central heating system (2x2 lava encased in 4x4 glass in the floor) and one day I got the notion of making the lava that bit bigger. Since the lava was currently in contact with only glass and stone, I figured quickly breaking the glass and putting it back down again wouldn't give the flares from the lava enough time to hit the wood. I miscalculated. :o

Other than that, no major fails. I recall one single player world where I built my house miles from my spawn and into a hill...only for a creeper to get close and KABLAMO! Meant a looooooong walk in the dark where I went the wrong way for a minute before getting my bearings...and then getting molested by mobs once or twice. :(

Cossax, that is a great one lmao lava falls block by block, unfortunately ._.

Cossax, that is a great one lmao lava falls block by block, unfortunately ._.

Wasn't directly touching wood (wood was the block a level above it. They could only touch diagonally which is why I think it was actually a 'flare'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

Opening a door with a bucket of lava... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

My fail was digging straight down to find diamonds then lava

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

I once panicked when a creeper came at me and i fell off a cliff into a lava flow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I spent three days making a rollercoaster, didn't even get anywhere near finishing it though.

I had a huge drop from the highest possible point right down through a huge cavern to bedrock. You landed on a track and then it got crazy...

Loops around itself, twisting backwards, shooting you through the air through intricate patterns of track. Damn it was good.

And then I decided to set up an incinerator in the corner, for all the random crap I was picking up. Thing is, my rollercoaster was made of wood. Pivotal word being "was".

I'm fairly sure I've painted you a clear enough picture for you all to understand exactly what happened! Safe to say I raged so damn hard, and ended up nuking the entire level before deleting it.
    I haven't worked on rollercoasters since...

BlandKitten.... I salute you.

You didn't smash your computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RUL Spectre

my biggest fail... well i havn't had minecraft too long now sooo. i suppose it would be when i was on another server, i found redstone for the first time (on that server) and was very excited because i thought a note block would be awesome for my house (i know know it isn't as awesome as i had hoped), so i dug through the redstone strait down, it was two blocks in and what do you know lava. i died made my way back to my itty bitty house decided to stand near my door withit open while crafting and i remember thinking "i'm going to be pissed if a creeper walks up" and well one did blew up half my house. i rage quit for the night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 construkktor

Erm nice and simple one - flooding my whole house by mining through to an underground spring, then being washed away with the pressure.

i think i logged off pretty fast after that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 C0nn0rmcl

There was a Creeper standing in front of my house. I went outside and started hitting it (I didn't know they explode at the time.). It ended up taking a bigass chunk out of my house, only the basement remained intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Getting lost underground , I just kept digging and ended up in lava, plus last night I just couln't get out of "Tallon station".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

mach1982 wrote: »
    Getting lost underground , I just kept digging and ended up in lava, plus last night I just couln't get out of "Tallon station".

if your lost underground and want to get out type in /top

it brings you to ground level directly above where you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Digging straight down while holding a diamond pickaxe

Lava is so unforgiving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SillyDan

I accidentally emptied a lava bucket inside my wooden house >.<

Thought it'd be quicker to clear the 2-3 trees outside my house with some flint and steel. I have no wood source on that island anymore. HURRY SAPLINGS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Spent ages, in a new world, just wandering miles away from my spawn before I found a nice cliff with an overhang at the top. Thought it would be an awesome place to build a castle on top of, with a small base at the bottom of the cliff. Was going to build a glass tower on top of the castle and everything, would have had a waterfall from teh top of the glass tower, through the middle of the castle down into the smaller base at the bottem of the cliff. Had hollowed out a nice 5 x 5 space inside the cliff for it and started on the glass tower. Fell from the tower. At this point I thought, it could be worse, at least I'm going to respawn miles from....oh Cock. Deleted the save and started again. I have yet to find a suitable replacement for that awesome cliff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Found an enormous underground cavern tonight. Fecking epic. Tonnes of everything in it. Spent about an hour mining away, great haul. Then I got surprised by a mob, ran, jumped...straight into lava, everything gone. Fuuuuuuu...

What's worse is when I got back and started mining again I was doing well. Got hit by a creeper but it didn't kill me, I still had 1.5 hearts left, so I kept going. Found two diamond blocks, dug one, fine. Dug the other one underneath me, big drop, dead. I knew my spawn point was ages away, so I made straight for the cavern, didn't pick up anything from storage. Turns out it takes over five minutes of running to get there....everything is gone. So now I'm a billion miles underground and I have no tools.

Dunno if I'll be able to bring myself to go back to that map :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's painful.

I think what's more painful is those damn slimes who nudge you a block too far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Worst I had was falling into lava just after making 2 diamond pick axes, a diamond shovel and a diamond sword!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I had a bad fail today. Decided to dig upwards from my mine but mined through the sea floor and flooded the corridor i was in. I managed to swim out only to find the sea was covered in ice. I tried to break through the ice but everytime i broke through i was swept from the opening.

I drowned in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I had a bad fail today. Decided to dig upwards from my mine but mined through the sea floor and flooded the corridor i was in. I managed to swim out only to find the sea was covered in ice. I tried to break through the ice but everytime i broke through i was swept from the opening.

I drowned in the end.
    Similar happened to me earlier :P

Decided to dig a spiral staircase down to start mining for good stuff. Started digging around a bit, found plenty of iron, bit of diamond, some obsidian and thankfully didn't step in the lava.

Then, one of those light-bulb moments - I'll dig another spiral staircase upwards. After a while, I hit water and flooded the stairwell (which was stretching from layer 10 to 60 approx), along with half the adjoining corridor. Finally, in a moment of what can only be described as complete and utter stupidity, I decided to struggle up the staircase (after being washed all the way down :pac:), dig my way through the roof of the cave and swim to the surface.

Seemingly, if the water is deep enough, you can't swim - so, a stack of 20 iron, ~20 obsidian, diamond shovels, picks, all left to rot at the bottom of the ocean.

At least, now I have a chance to start anew in a different location, although half the starting island on the server I play on is riddled with huge tunnel systems so there probably isn't much space :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I was having a great mining session in a cave I found when I was lost miles from the spawn with no compass or iron. I knew the layout well after ten minutes and harvested enough iron and redstone to make a compass to help me get home. Then I hit the jackpot: A vein of Diamonds. I must have had 25 raw diamonds by the time I was finished. I was so proud of myself. Mainly because I could get Obidisan, something I really needed.

I had just installed a portal gun mod earlier on. I had all the necessary stuff to make it. So I did.

I reasoned it would help me get back to the spawn, and out of the cave a lot faster. Big mistake. I accidentally made an infinite looping vertical portal thingy while digging straight up out of the cave. For some reason, when I hit the ground portal it made me lose 3 hearts as if I was hitting the ground. Dead in a matter of seconds.

I was raging. I trid to find that cave for 10 whole minutes, then gave up and deleted all my saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cleared out my first dungeon earlier in single player. Got tonnes of stuff from the chest, was well chuffed. Making my way back to the surface, creeper drops down, blows up, and sends me hurtling towards the lava stream I'd covered up. Lost everything.

/rage quit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How do you find dungeons, jsut dig deep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep, you'll hear plenty of grunting from lots of mobs. You'll eventually come across a mob spawner and a chest, you'll find mossy cobblestone just before it. Kill the mobs, destroy the spawner and plunder the chest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

How do you find dungeons, jsut dig deep?

that is one way but they are random. they can appear in the side of a mountain or just under a ebach if you have the worst luck.

try digging a mine and lighting the crap out of it. if you walk along and hear monsters press F3. this puts a number over all mobs heads so you should be able to see the numbers if they arent too far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Generally, yep. It can be a bit mind-numbing at times as you're seemingly digging forever and finding nothing.

You can also cheat a little and use the Cartograph tool to show you where some caves are. It's next to impossible to use this tool to exactly pinpoint caves, but you can see the rough direction to dig in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks, I'll have a look. The world I spawned in is amazing, lovign this game and my waterfall house :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭iLoveTwilight

I think a lot of people have set their wooden houses on fire ! :P

I tried to put wooden blocks on fire around my wooden house to keep creepers away ... The ground set on fire and then my entire house :( Made it out of brick the second time around haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Played a game on the bro's macbook and had no idea what I was doing. First of all I didn't know that you hold down the left mouse button not click it, so I couldn't collect anything but sand, sapplings and mud.

So after realising I hadn't enough of anything to build an entire structure let alone a wall, I burrowed into the side of a sand bank by water and prepared to try and survive the night. At first all was calm, just the dull methodical thud of hand hitting sand over and over. Then I had a visit from a creeper which blew up my shoddy sand/mud walls, nearly killing me and flooding the little living space I had dug by hand.

Staggering away from my first attempt at civilisation I went out on to a sand spit so I could at least have a defendable position from attack and see approaching enemies safe in the knowledge that attack by sea was impossible. Little did I realise.

I started digging sand feverishly to create a fortifed sand castle/promontory fort in my mind but would look more like a failed igloo in actuality; when I saw an armada of spiders approaching by sea, their red eyes glinting menacingly in the dark. Bollix, I thought spiders didn't like water? Cursing the game's mechanics I went into MacGyver mode.

Gathering up what little resources and knowledge from the game I had accrued from watching lets' play videos on youtube I set about building a vertical pillar out of reach from them. By jumping and placing mud & sand directly below me I was out of the reach of the spider gang. Or so I thought.

From my vantage point I could see that this was my final stand against hopeless odds. Minions of the night gathered round ready to finish me off. The spiders had cornered me and now the creepers and skeletons would soon follow. I noticed that one of the spiders had gone missing and thought the horrible beast was climbing up the column of mud and sand to finish me off. I was certain at this stage that if they could swim they could easily climb walls. I spun round the tower of sand and then promptly lagged and fell off the column (didn't know about shift walking) to my death. My dying view face to face with the red eyed demons that had bested me this night.

After the game over screen I respawned in a location I didn't know nor with any materials of use. Then the first lick of morning's approach came and as the welcome dawn broke I quickly changed the game mode to peaceful. I let out a deep breath, I had survived.

Bards or poets won't tell of my glory but somewhere some obscure historian might record my first night's encounter with murderous spiders trying to kill me. And a slightly less obscure painter will paint a picture of me trapped on a what is a very good first attempt at a giant cigarette looking down at the spiders. And from that one image it will be made into a film starring Nicolas Cage.

Hah that was great.

I just lost everything I own in lava, gold, iron, diamond, redstone etc. I now have nothing. All because there was stupid lava behind a gold brick!

Good man Yimrag, come to the darkside!

• Advertisement
Advertisement