Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick rabbit

• 27-02-2011 3:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭

hi i looking for advise here,our minature rabbit was attacked at 2 wks old,had its ear ripped off,but it survided ,its now 3 mts old ,she never grown since,she really tiny thats not the prob,she seems to have 3 misplaced legs and her eye gone blue where it used to brown,she not in any pain,vet says to put her down,really dont want to shes lovely any advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Can she walk around ok? If she can and she's not in pain then I don't see why you'd have to put her down. Maybe when she's older she could have more problems, but if she seems happy now then you might aswell keep her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Hard and all as it is, I think you should listen to the vet.

Will she have a really good quality of life if you let her go on? Also, it's very hard to know when a rabbit is in pain, as they are not vocal.

She should be hopping and jumping around and enjoying herself but if she is just sitting there, it's not really fair.

What you could do is get a second vet's opinion so that you are 100% sure.

It is also being very hard on yourself to have this dilemma on your hands, whereas you should be enjoying your pet's bunnyhood!

I really feel sorry for you as it is such a hard decision to have to make.

Good luck with everything
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

thanks for replies got a second vet to have a look,they said she does not seem to be in any pain as best they can tell,her front paw is broken but she getting around ,her hips are weird looking cause she never grew ,but she eating and drinking good tried to jump on me earlier when i was eating crisps,but she not as active ,she seems to be able to see ,all they said really was to love her and see how she goes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

It's a good idea that you got a second opinion, because some vets can be too quick to say to put an animal down.

You're the person who sees her everyday so you're the one who can tell if she's happy

Advertisement