Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The early Fifa leagues on boards were the best!!

Options
  • 27-02-2011 4:01am

The original fifa leagues on boards were the best!!!
    Me
    Marksrfc
    Tunetunetuner
    Axwell
    Djdigitalmoose
    MrRobinson
    Bassmanmurph
    Killamngiro
    RichieMUFC
    FutureGuy
    Bubs101
    Virgil
    Neilhimself
    BFassain
    The Contraceptor
    Reganovski
    The Dunne

This is when the boards league was at its best. No custom tactics and everyone just played there matches for the craic and not taking it to seriously and no one wrote a big summary of why they lost the match.

(Sorry if i left out any names from the original leagues)

Everyone takes it way to seriously these days.

Anyone agree??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

League 1 is like that. Good craic. People just get on with it. If people were a little more pro active it would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

ABOY THE LAD!!!!!!

paddy agrees

Derry%20City%20-%20Paddy%20mccourt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The first 3 seasons were the most fun for sure!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks guys.

However, times change, and with such a large playerbase nowadays, you are always going to have people who take it more seriously than others. I think Moon and Axwell have done a great job with the leagues since they took them over.

The reason I created these leagues was to have a group of people who wanted to play FIFA in a competative environment, but who could shake someones hand at the end of a fair game. No quitting, no overcelebrating, no acting the muppet, no trolling, no last man tackles. Custom formations are part of the game, like or now, and a player has a right to set up a team whichever way he feels.

Some of the sh!te that I have read over the last 2 seasons has been absolutely rediculous, and completely against the spirit of the league imho.

Guys, it's only a game. There are some that are better than others. If you feel the need to rub it in at every opportunity, then you need to reexamine your reasons for playing in such a league.

Winning is important, but it isn't everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ya, I barely play FIFA now, but I remember being addicted to playing as Schalke during one of the FIFA 09 Leagues, and then arguing about stupid sh*t on here. Most of my days in work were spent worrying about team choices, etc.

Good times, struggling with rubbish teams, standard tactics, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAy5FKHgnbjNXPpww91tQHhaY4hJho7bcGWYPoowx1H4wkLXGG7g

:p

I would agree that some people get too riled up though.

Were custom formations allowed in '09?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Most, if not all the muppets are playing in the Premiership :pac:

As AthAnRi has mentioned, League 1 is grand. I haven't come across anyone who has been rude/disrespectful at the end of a game. They're a nice bunch actually :)

Haven't seen too many whiny/childish posts on here from championship players lately as well so yeah it's mostly the premiership lads :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Were custom formations allowed in '09?

They were allowed, but no-one was creating ridiculous tactics with 8 defenders. I guess it wasn't in the spirit of things.

Actually, even if you did, when we were the rubbish teams, your 3 forwards were probably so rubbish that they'd get isolated anyways.

Schalke, Newcastle, Everton ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I remember using Udinese and Fiorentina early on. Thems were the days. Di Natale was a beast.

• Advertisement

Moiph wrote: »
    I remember using Udinese and Fiorentina early on. Thems were the days. Di Natale was a beast.

I had Lyon, Bayern, Juve and Chelsea. I'm a Lyon fan beacuse of Fifa 09! I was on the FIFA boards discussing the best tactics, and fine tuning my team was great fun.

Advertisement