Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GSL March 2011 - Code S & A (spoilers)

• 27-02-2011 4:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

So anyway, this has been going on for a week or so now, news about the foreignors playing...
    Huk won pretty handy 2-0, struggled a little in the first game to early cheese but won the second in a macro game. Haven't seen the Haypro matches but apparently he was completely out-classed by a very aggressive Terran who used constant drop-play to force 6 lost hatcheries in the second game. Moonglade was similarly out-classed in two macro games by a very solid Terran (Jjun I think), even losing badly in opposite positions on one of the new Zerg favoured maps. Ret still play.

Jinro won both of his games handy, completely out-classing PoltPrime in the process. With Boxer, Nestea and imMVP gone Jinro looks very strong for at least another semi-final appearance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Looks like no one cares but anyway...
    Both Jinro and Huk gone. Huk got straight out-classed by a strong macro Zerg, made the mistake of going colossus in the second game - cue corrupters and then mass roaches to clean up the gateway units. Jinro won his opening game thanks to some pretty bad micro by his opponent, but fell to early phoenix abuse in the decider and the easy destruction of his bio-heavy army.

No foreigners left. :( Plus Ret has returned to Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

WHAT? Lol at that last spoiler. He just can't hack the professional SC scene at all. This is the second time in his career :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

do we really need to do spoiler tags here :(

code A: i didnt give much attention to it at all (oh and kelly made me mute the stream, the new guy seems doing an okay job), i just watch it when i have nothing to do at that time anyway.
    Huk maybe on the his nerves there but i am still not too sure he is a good player yet. Huk's ladder doing well doesnt mean he can do well in tourney(he is good in cannon cheese and 4/5/6gate timing attack).

Code S:
    July yeay!!!!and the other 5 left are: MC, ManZenith, SC, Anypro, Lyn, and July. july's (low) 50+drones count maybe the magic drone number, he has so much bigger army than usual zergy!!!

i am not too excited for the gsl as i did :o probably because of most of the games are either too one sided or one of the player lose the game by himself. and many of these newer players beating the big names and lose to another big name in the next round @_@ and splitting into code a/s matches (and using Kelly) defo is another factor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

yes. spoilers are mandatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i am not too excited for the gsl as i did :o probably because of most of the games are either too one sided or one of the player lose the game by himself. and many of these newer players beating the big names and lose to another big name in the next round @_@

Yea I think the pro-gamers still have a considerable way to go before there's a large enough group of them at the highest level of skill who can offer seriously matched games.

The BETA was released over a year ago, but the game was only released last July, and there have been (and will be more) significant balance changes that affect the game on many levels. It takes serious amounts of time to adjust to any changes made to the game, even more so in the pro-scene where a small mistake can just snowball into losing the game badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

yes. spoilers are mandatory.

Just because the moderator wants to look at threads were he knows spoilers will occur? Generally if the title has spoilers in it, tbh the tags isnt needed!
    Mc game today was meh, but july v nada was good, July just outplayed nada in all the games, and would of won meta if he jsut teched up a bit more. His 3 time banling busts in the 4th were funyn, nada didnt have a proper wall off and should of lost that game, but held off qutie well. MC/sanZentih/July looks like the finals imo, just throwing sanzenith in there cause he has just played so well in this season

WOAH WOAH WOAH...Kelly is hot dude. Great body.

I can't see anyone getting on the level of Huk, nevermind Jinro, from the foreigner scene. Lots of very mediocre American players over there that will never get near Code A right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Well Torch was one game out of getting Code A, and he wasnt given it like the other players(moonglade/ret/hypro/huk) IdrA is by far ahead of the code A foriegners also.

Jinro yes he is a fantastic macro player, but when it comes down to his micro play, he really isnt the best, I think living in the oGs house is by far helping team liquid then it is helping oGs!

The reason that korea is so far ahead tho, is because of the level of play the team members have with each other and the training. There really isnt any team houses other then korea(if you dont count, idra/machine and the other guy living together in california)

So pratice play is just find a buddy and do work with. While in korea they have set timings of when to ladder, when to practice, when to theorycraft etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Jinro has excellent micro, MKP himself complimented him on it. TL living in the oGs gives oGs an easy way to get involved with the western sc2 scene and also gives the koreans a conduit into how the westerners play i.e them telling stc/hero how the foreigners play. Less upsets like how boxer got beaten in a wcg like 5 years ago. Jinro is excellent yes but you never ever get the sense that he's always in complete control of the game like MVP/MC is or even Nestea. He's like the difference from Kal to TBLS.

Inca is the other dude staying Idra and Machine. In reality Idra is only going to get worse now that he has left Korea. I understand players like QXC and Sjow are going to go to Korea but going by IEM neither is that strong. Huk and Jinro aside I can't think of many in Europe, and none in the US, that will get into Code S.

Which is whats going to make the NASL hilarious - a Korean 1-2-3. :D

• Advertisement

How do get the fact that idra will only get worse when he's moving from only laddering for practice to an enviroment where he can discuss and practice sc2 everyday, anytime. It's more than likely a korean will win NASL but they still need to contend with latency.

i dont think idra will only get worse, the poor guy was all alone in korea (as in only 1 EG guy) and use ladder to practice :( i totally believe that he will pound so hard in the next big tourney :P despite of his negativity of keep whining the imbalance etc(it gets to point that i feel like he is fcking depressed), i truly believe that he actually knows the current state of zerg in atm(and hence all the premature gg etc). i mean the guy is still a fcking macro machine. machanics wise, i cant think of anyone except Nestea is close to his level.

i really cant wait to see koreans come to the NASL ^^ deep down i believe that koreans so much stronger atm(look at the performance of Ace, Moon and Squittle in the IEM) but i hope players in NASL can prove me wrong.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    How do get the fact that idra will only get worse when he's moving from only laddering for practice to an enviroment where he can discuss and practice sc2 everyday, anytime. It's more than likely a korean will win NASL but they still need to contend with latency.

...because he is not now going to be playing in what is by far the most competitive tournament in the world against the world's best players? And because the NA and EU ladders are far inferior to the Korea one?

So I ask again, how is not playing in the GSL going to make him a worse player, tournaments are hardly practice. The NA/EU ladders are indeed worse, however he won't be laddering as training because he will no longer need to. So why does that matter? His mechanics are there, they've always been there so now he has people that he can try strategy on again and again per map. It's virtually impossible for him to get good practice in KR on the GSL maps. Latency from NA to KR is not so bad that you can't play there still at a high level.

He's moving from training on his own to a good training environment. None of what you suggest has a reflection on his training environment.

So I ask again, how is not playing in the GSL going to make him a worse player, tournaments are hardly practice.

...are you trying to troll me? I can't possibly imagine how anyone could believe the above. He was playing in the very best tournament in the SC2 world against the very best players under huge pressure on a regular basis - he has now left Korea to play against second rate progamers from Europe and the US. Its almost as if you believe playing in the GSL, playing in the best live tournament in the world with the very best players, doesn't improve the participants. :confused:

As an aside, playing Korean ladder >>>>> constantly hammering mediocre Americans like Inca.

The reason the korean scene is better than NA/EU is due to training conditions i.e pro team houses. Idra didn't have that in KR let alone any training partners apart from Ret at times. You don't get better from tournaments, hence practice.

It's amusing that you collectively label NA/EU progamers as second rate considering only the very very top of the KR scene is better.

You have no idea how to practice.
    It's a nice world you live in, the sky's a lovely shade of green.

ladder BO1 game is so different from tourney games (BO3, BO5 etc) and the metagaming/scouting of the opponent's builds have huge effects to the tourney games. like koreans actually exchange ladder replays in their forum to beat idra back in gsl1.

Huk is owning KR ladder and he is placed consistantly at least No.4/5 in their Top 200, all he did was cannon rush or some allin-ish 4/5gate attack. KR ladder is 'hardest' atm simply because the players are very good at certain insane timing attack (mostly 1 base all-in/any 1 trick pony sh!t) to score a win since it is a BO1.

any player's performance in tourney is totally based on how he prepared his games. which is why team house is soooo important, because the player can only gets better with consistant practices (like get a top terran 2rax bunker rush you 50times to get the timing right how to counter it etc). look how many oGs members consistantly do well in gsl since gsl1 and i highly doubt that Jinro can do this well without the help of oGs house.

while i believe that at the very top level players atm, there is no difference between EU/NA/KR progamers. cant wait and see more in the NASL.

and people wonder why MVP wanna win for the next Code A champion so much :pac:

Code S finals is a ZvP :pac: July feels like he is the FD back in Season1 now!!

meanwhile, idra is playing some ladder on EU.....

Advertisement