Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! CanI get opinions on literature review?

Options
  • 27-02-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I have to do a literature review as part of an assignment and it's the first time I have done one.

This is what I have done, as an example, and would be grateful for some opinions on it. I'm looking to see if I'm putting in enough or not enough, so don't mind the actual wording of it, I know it can be reworded better.

Should I be going into more detail and (for example) if I say that they examine some common problems, should I also list the problems which they examine?

Basically, I'm at a loss as to how much is too much or too little.

Anyway, here is what I have written so far. Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Jayne & Dipboye (2004) state that while diversity management in both HRM practice and research is necessary due to the demographic changes in today’s workforce, having a diverse workforce does not inevitably improve business performance or guarantee immediate, tangible improvements in organizational, group, or individual performance.

They examine problems which arise in the workforce where an increase in diversity occurs and how successful management of diversity initiatives can facilitate positive outcomes from diversity in the workplace.

They explore the rhetoric used by proponents and opponents of diversity and highlight discrepancies between this rhetoric and the empirical findings of existing research literature on diversity. They provide strategies for successfully designing and implementing diversity programs and provide important insights that can help HRM practitioners achieve the benefits and avoid the problems of diversity efforts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Sorry, but we're not here to do your homework for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement