Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Path of dreams since I was a child.

Options
  • 27-02-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

I've wondered about this for some time so I thought I'd ask here incase anyone has any ideas about it.

First off a little background to my dreams since I was a kid. When I was very young say 4-6 I would have the same nightmare every night. I had no control over it and literally every night was the same one.

Basically I'd be in my house and there'd be no one else in it. I'd be automatically afraid that the "frights" would come to get me if I made any loud noises. These were large green distorted blurry kind of monster creatures that would come from the farthest end of the house. Sometimes I would make the noise on purpose strangely enough purely out of curiosity and almost a desire to run in fear. What would happen is I'd hear them breaking into the house at the back and I'd see them enter the room at the far end and I'd start running for my mothers bedroom where I'd be safe. I'd try to scream but wouldn't be able to and my speed would slow down and I'd be stuck in motion trying to reach her door but the fright would be catching up and 99% of the time would catch me and I'd at this point wake up in a horrible panic at which point I'd run into my mother's room and wake her till she calmed me down.

So this went on for years as a kid until my dreams took a complete 180 from at ages of around 6 to 13. During these years the frights had gone and I could only lucid dream. Every dream I had each night was a lucid one where I was instantly completely aware it was a dream and I could manipulate it as I wished. I would often go around telling everyone in the dream that it was a dream and I managed to develop a method in the dream to wake myself up instantly if something bad was going to happen. I would close my eyes tight in the dream and then open them wide again and this would wake myself up out of sleep. I enjoyed this time as I felt I was getting a reward for all the nightmares I'd had for years before.

From the age of 15 onwards however the lucidity faded but some aspects of control still remained and remain to this day.

Since then I've had superpowers in every dream i have no matter what the dream may be about. Flight, Telekinesis, Healing/Regeneration and general invincibility.

My flight is instant if I choose to. I will decide to fly and just take off with my arms by my side then while flying I will have the choice to go super fast across the sky over buildings gain or lose height at will to be ultra high or just over rooftops depending on what I feel like. Sometimes for more speed I will rise to much higher heights if I'm trying to get somewhere faster.

My powers of Telekinesis will generally be used when there are evil elements in my dreams such as threats from people or animals. Perhaps a vehicle that's going to crash into me or others I'll most likely just halt it with my mind. It could be someone holding a gun to me or others and I'll just remove it from their posession and crush it to a pea size ball of metal. Or even a bullets may be stopped by thought.

My Healing powers I have noticed I use on people if something has happened to them like being shot or cut somehow. I have been shot in my dreams before and then literally healed and watched the bullets fall out of me as I heal. I can also heal others by placing a hand over the injury and the same thing happens. I have also brought people back to life by placing a hand over or on them.

General invincibility is how I can only describe how I feel in my dreams because I know I've all these powers which allow me to be so. I always feel very calm and very at peace with everything because I know I can't be harmed and can help anyone who needs it.

I'd love to know why I have these same traits in 99% of my dreams. I don't necessarily start out with these powers but if anything bad begins to happen the healing or telekinesis will manifest instantly and with that often the flight too or sometimes the flight will just manifest through boredom in the dream or a desire to move somewhere else in it. I love the flight the most as I can call on it always and I have so much control over the flying it is a joy to be able to do so.

Any interpretations would be welcome if peole have any ideas what any of this may mean. Thanks a mil for all and any input.

Advertisement