Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cradle cap!

• 27-02-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

My 6 month old is after developing cradle cap on her forehead its quite bad down as far as top of her nose its very thin any tips the last 2 days ive been massaging baby oil into it is there anything else I should be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yeah oil is what we were told too. Plus, use a soft brush to brush/ massage the area, to help improve circulation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My little lad has it aswel.. The best thing I've found is to rub sweet almond oil into it before he goes to bed and then shampoo it out with the Dentinox cradle cap shampoo the next morning and give it a little brush with a soft brush.. Works great, his is nearly all gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Same here my lil man got cradle cap i use olive oil as told by phn leave for few mins then use soft brush it works like magic, use deninox after oil use keeps it at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

hi, my son has the same on his forehead above his eyes an a bit around his ears, i was told to use olive oil too, its quiet greasy though, but it is good, plus he had a check up with the paediatrician the other day and they reccommended i use silcocks base moisturiser,, and i find thats very good too, i even use it as soap in his bath as its very good for dry skin,,,,hope this is helpful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Hey Elsy, yeah the silcocks is excellent, its one of the older remedys and has lasted the test of time, I would recommend!

My little fella had it on his head, we used baby oil and brushed it out with a comb it worked like magic, one minute its there, the next its not!
    :D Sometimes only for my granny i'd be lost! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

baby rylie had bad cradle cap, in fact he's only just clear of it at 20 months!

The only thing that worked for me was to oil his scalp, let the oil soften the scales and then I'd literally pick the cradle cap off really gently with the corner of my thumbnail. Gross but effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Choclolate

I have kids, one had bad cradle cap.

Got some Badger Balm in a health food shop, comes in a tiny little tin, like lip balm.

Anyway, got rid of it within 1-2 days.

Let me know it it works as I would like to know if it was a fluke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 bunty

Anyone tried Vaseline? A friend says it works wonders but I'm skeptical. She says to massage it in and leave it for an hour and then using a fine come lift the cradle cap, follow this with a hair wash.

Advertisement