Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botteling wine in Screwcaps?

Options
  • 27-02-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey, I've just put on my first batch of homebrew wine.
    I decided to try it the cheapo way as I don't have the official equipment, planning to build it up over time!

But I was just wondering is it ok to bottle into screwcap wine bottles? We have a nice collection of them in the garage and seeing as I don't have a hand corker they would make my life a lot easier. Just concerned they might not keep out oxygen as efficiently?

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

So long as they are sterilised, I dont see a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭GUNMAN2

pink-mist wrote: »
    Hey, I've just put on my first batch of homebrew wine.
    I decided to try it the cheapo way as I don't have the official equipment, planning to build it up over time!

But I was just wondering is it ok to bottle into screwcap wine bottles? We have a nice collection of them in the garage and seeing as I don't have a hand corker they would make my life a lot easier. Just concerned they might not keep out oxygen as efficiently?

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated ;)

Made some beer in screw cap wine bottles and they turned out ok.

Advertisement