Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Liverpool 1.30

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ahh well come on Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ha, Cole scores!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I hope West Ham go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sell Skrtel. PLEASE!

But who wants to have him now? Asking prize how much? £ 2.50 or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

No doubt a lot of fans got carried away after the good run we had, what today shows is we need major investment from NESV this Summer. We are a mid table side at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Well done Hammers, you deserved it....we were pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I hope West Ham go down.

why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thank God that's over!! Now let us never speak of this again!

I hope West Ham go down.
    Nah i like the Hammers hope they stay up. Proper fans also not like a lot of the London teams.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

bad day at the office, next game please!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Fair play to West Ham, very well played I have to say.

Onwards and upwards for Liverpool. We missed Agger I feel, and I'm not sure that Wilson is quite ready for the Premier League just yet.

Some of the decisions were pretty shocking today, but I'm sure many will point out that Liverpool have been on the good end of similar in other matches, so no point in going on about that too much.

The result has no bearing on the approach to the United match, they are always one offs and form goes out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Great game. West Ham were great,especially Parker and Noble,can see West Ham struggling to hold onto them even if they stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Quandary wrote: »
    why?

Because Danny Dyer supports them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    bad day at the office, next game please!

cant see your next league game turning out much better to be honest:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mmmm. Europa League placings could be interesting now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I hope West Ham go down.

No, no, no - I hope they stay up. I have always had a soft spot for the hammers, went there before for a game V leicester - great atmosphere, good football, hope they stay up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Time for the clichés. Why can't they play this way every week, etc.

Just so happened that good West Ham showed up today, and Liverpool didn't. Dem Ba the breaks.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fair answer :D

Ah it could be worse we could be Palermo. 7-0 down after 66 minutes and down to 9 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pathetic, spineless, hunger-less, weak, unimaginative.

The biggest indication yet that nothing has actually changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cannot argue with that result. The better team on the day won. Parker had a really good game for them.

Too many of the Liverpool team phoned in their performances today. Big names like Gerrard and Cole offered little to nothing. Skrtel was his normal self at the back, and Carragher was lucky a few times that other players got to the ball when he was out of position.

Kelly and Meireles going off did not help matters, but there were plenty of other players left to pick things up.

Disappointing result with the added blow of two potential injuries for nest week's game.

But it highlighted many of the players who are getting into the team on name alone, and also a number of players who are not good enough.

Kenny or whomever is in charge next summer, please take note and be ruthless with the axe come the next transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Pretty awful performance all round by Liverpool today

Helix wrote: »

I'll remind you of that!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Fox Soccer gave carlton Cole MotM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mister men wrote: »
    No doubt a lot of fans got carried away after the good run we had, what today shows is we need major investment from NESV this Summer. We are a mid table side at present.

Self loathing Liverpool supporter alert :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

We need a proper defensive midfielder so badly. Yet again defence looked in tatters today without Agger.

Opr

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'll remind you of that!!;)

feel free to

remind me of this too: villa will be level with liverpool in 2 games time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

noodler wrote: »
    Pathetic, spineless, hunger-less, weak, unimaginative.

The biggest indication yet that nothing has actually changed.

i've missed the negativity round here , its been missing for a while;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think Danny Wilson looked out of his depth today and struggled and his passing was poor.
    Liverpool still can't dictate a game in midfield and i feel Gerrard is unable to do it.
    I think Reina looked uninterested for some reason. Shouldn't be beaten like that on near post.
    Kuyt couldn't even play an accurate 2 yard pass at times. Very frustrating to watch.
    Suarez was lively but didn't get into the game early enough. He needed support up there.
    Meireles didn't get into the game either and was caught in possession several times.
    All in all a terrible performance by Liverpool. West Ham the much better team and well deserved win for them.
    West Ham seemed to want it more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

2 classy finishes for the first 2 goals, regardless of the defending, 3rd goal was a clusterfu*k.

One positive is when suarez has possession in the box he is extremely dangerous, just hav to figure out how to get it to him with what looked today a very weak midfield, as much in terms of physical strength as anything else.

Does that goal make johnson our highest scoring right back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Pwopa nawty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Are you really saying that you can confidently call the outcome of a United and Liverpool match?

Are you really saying that you can confidently call the outcome of a United and Liverpool match?

given how cack liverpool are, yeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Are you really asking that question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

given how cack liverpool are, yeh

I love the soccer forum. Such well reasoned, explanatory posts.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jaysus, the match thread for united liverpool starting already!

K-9 wrote: »
    I love the soccer forum. Such well reasoned, explanatory posts.

it was a pretty binary question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mister men wrote: »
    Proper fans also not like a lot of the London teams.

Elaborate please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Watching the highlights on motd and west ham looked even better. They outclassed liverpool in every department to such an extent that gerrard was reduced to his starfish impressions again. Hopefully west ham will keep playing in this way for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

It's amazing what a difference it makes having your best players fit. Bar possibly Obinna and Keane, that was the first time we had our first choice team out for a long time. We played very well but Liverpool were below par and we were lucky to catch them on an off day. Parker played like he has every game. What a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

thebhoy wrote: »
    2 classy finishes for the first 2 goals, regardless of the defending, 3rd goal was a clusterfu*k.

One positive is when suarez has possession in the box he is extremely dangerous, just hav to figure out how to get it to him with what looked today a very weak midfield, as much in terms of physical strength as anything else.

Does that goal make johnson our highest scoring right back?

Nope. He has a long long way to go before he would be the club's highest scoring right back. At present, he is not even the highest scoring right back at the club over the last ten years as he is level with Babbel.

Advertisement