Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy behaviour at youth soccer...

• 27-02-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

The lad had a match this morning - U8s - and I honestly, I have never experienced anything like it. Some of you might have seen this before, but I'm not the better of it....

We were playing a northside Dublin team who are renowned for being a bit 'rough', but how rough can 7yr olds be eh? We are northsiders too...

To cut a very long story very short, the ref abandoned the match in the 2nd half partly because of the other teams language on the pitch, partly because of them kicking the legs off our lads (4 of our lads were in tears) and partly because of the parents language on the sideline:eek: One of the kids was at least 10:rolleyes: and spent the entire match calling anyone and everyone a 'hackin c&nt'...two other lads roared 'ya f'in w&nker' to anyone that would listen for the entire match and one lad in particular told me, and most of the parents on our side to 'shut the f&ck up yis morons....':eek: One of the dads spent the match roaring 'I'll f&ckin kill yis..ffs lads etc...' as he smoked his head off...

We're 6 months into sunday morning football so I've seen and heard my fair share of how some parents can get roaring abuse etc...but i've never had the displeasure to see kids behave like this...the match was abandoned when two of the dads (from the other team - so their lads were on the same team) 'squared up' to each other and the ref had to seperate them....

Does stuff like this get reported back to the league and if so, what do they do about it, if anything? Unfortunately, our ref today wasn't a league ref, so it was one of the dads who stepped in...

Fittle jnr and his two friends were crying in the car on the way home because (unknown to us parents) the other team were calling them saps and morons for the whole match...they'd be kids who could normally stand up for themselves in the schoolyard etc, but they were no match for that team today.....I swear I think I need a drink!!!! We were winning 2-0 when the match was abandoned btw:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

It will be reported to the league and dealt with.

Shocking behaviour but not unusual at all. Will see it again if he plays til youths. He will get over it and they will get the 3 points.

Ah the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Thanks Terry...I've seen a bit of it here and there at other matches...but honestly, never anything like this....he's grand now...they said they were trying to hold it together on the pitch but once they got into the car, that was it...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Character building I'm afraid, this won't be the last time plays against a rough team of pikies or hears some twats on the sideline getting over excited. Next time it happens he'll be better prepared.

stovelid wrote: »

Hilarious:D And god was I tempted!!!

I should have brought my camera...I'm sure one of the dads was smoking a joint:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Fittle wrote: »
    Hilarious:D And god was I tempted!!!

I should have brought my camera...I'm sure one of the dads was smoking a joint:rolleyes:

Careful now. Hard times have hit us all and a lot of people, myself included have gone to rolling tobacco as opposed regular smokes. The only way you can tell if it was a joint is if you caught a smell of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

You could try coaching him to deal with this type of thing better. Try getting him to do homework while you scream abuse at him. Boo him at training. After a few months, he'll laugh in the face of those type of parents.
    (Disclaimer: This will not end well.)

You could try coaching him to deal with this type of thing better. Try getting him to do homework while you scream abuse at him. Boo him at training. After a few months, he'll laugh in the face of those type of parents.

:D:D

Careful now. Hard times have hit us all and a lot of people, myself included have gone to rolling tobacco as opposed regular smokes. The only way you can tell if it was a joint is if you caught a smell of it.

I smelt it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Or get him to play GAA, same thing really.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Now I'm no parent but I'm thinking a bit of this:

Will eventually lead to a bit of this:

:D:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Stuff like this is the reason why we and the British are been left behind in terms of developing footballers. I lived in Portugal for a year and never once did i see this kind of behaviour on the field of play. The coach actually talks to the kids (not shouting) about the game. It's been going on since a played schoolboys football and is only getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mister men wrote: »
    Stuff like this is the reason why we and the British are been left behind in terms of developing footballers. I lived in Portugal for a year and never once did i see this kind of behaviour on the field of play. The coach actually talks to the kids (not shouting) about the game. It's been going on since a played schoolboys football and is only getting worse.

So true!

We had a Portuguese coach for a few months and when we played matches, he never cursed or gave us abuse. It was always, "chin up girls" or "chill out" (pronounced "cheen" and "cheel!" :D).
    Whereas the Irish fella from another team was cursing and blinding and getting his girls worked up and flustered by shouting and giving out to them.

We won that game 6 1. It really does make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The lad had a match this morning - U8s - and I honestly, I have never experienced anything like it. Some of you might have seen this before, but I'm not the better of it....

We were playing a northside Dublin team who are renowned for being a bit 'rough', but how rough can 7yr olds be eh? We are northsiders too...

To cut a very long story very short, the ref abandoned the match in the 2nd half partly because of the other teams language on the pitch, partly because of them kicking the legs off our lads (4 of our lads were in tears) and partly because of the parents language on the sideline:eek: One of the kids was at least 10:rolleyes: and spent the entire match calling anyone and everyone a 'hackin c&nt'...two other lads roared 'ya f'in w&nker' to anyone that would listen for the entire match and one lad in particular told me, and most of the parents on our side to 'shut the f&ck up yis morons....':eek: One of the dads spent the match roaring 'I'll f&ckin kill yis..ffs lads etc...' as he smoked his head off...

We're 6 months into sunday morning football so I've seen and heard my fair share of how some parents can get roaring abuse etc...but i've never had the displeasure to see kids behave like this...the match was abandoned when two of the dads (from the other team - so their lads were on the same team) 'squared up' to each other and the ref had to seperate them....

Does stuff like this get reported back to the league and if so, what do they do about it, if anything? Unfortunately, our ref today wasn't a league ref, so it was one of the dads who stepped in...

Fittle jnr and his two friends were crying in the car on the way home because (unknown to us parents) the other team were calling them saps and morons for the whole match...they'd be kids who could normally stand up for themselves in the schoolyard etc, but they were no match for that team today.....I swear I think I need a drink!!!! We were winning 2-0 when the match was abandoned btw:(

Teams involved?

noodler wrote: »
    Teams involved?

Not naming them - no need. Both northside dublin teams...one much rougher than the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Ah yes the memories. The amount of times I've been kicked off the ball getting abuse and all was constant in the Mayo leagues. Twas so bad and a reason why we produce a low amount of decent standard players. The managers are no help either they encourage this kind of thing, sure I've had one manager telling us to hack this guy down who was one of their better players he even said something about break his legs.

Instead of learning players basic football skills and manners and to even enjoy the sport all the managers want is for ther players to win the games. Refs were pish poor aswell they would let loads go which were blatant freekicks.

Best way to deal with it for your young fella is to just ignore it and play his own game!

Cheers Finical.

Our own coach is fine - he does alot of positive encouragement around them etc - seldom available to train them midweek however, but is always there for weekend matches.

We do have a dad who has a tendency to lose the plot however...refs have had a word with him the odd time..doesn't seem to stop him coming to the matches and doing it all over again the following weekend though:rolleyes: He wasn't there this morning thankfully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Dante

Sounds like Sheriff FC to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

There'd be a list of suspects to be fair and not just a northside issue

If there was not an official ref then you club should report it to the relevant league at least verbally if not in writing.
    The leagues take this serious DDSL small sided games must have the pitches roped off to keep parents at bay. It takes a strong coach/manager to control his line even though he shouldn't have to. Referees should speak to parents before games also in a lot of cases its enthusiasm turning into frustration.
    Sadly on a plus when coming across this early the less sh1t they'll take when older especially in sport.
    Our U7's lost on sat to a club's whose manager reenacted the Brian Kidd celebration of a few years back for each of their goals our manager asked him after the game did he realise they were 7 yr olds and got an F off for his troubles. We then had a ref award a peno and send off a 10yr keeper in the last minute of a game with the score 6-0 down. The kid left in tears and ref explained he had no choice and the child has to learn sometime :rolleyes:

Wasn't them...not as close to city centre;)

• Advertisement

micks wrote: »
    There'd be a list of suspects to be fair and not just a northside issue

If there was not an official ref then you club should report it to the relevant league at least verbally if not in writing.
    The leagues take this serious DDSL small sided games must have the pitches roped off to keep parents at bay. It takes a strong coach/manager to control his line even though he shouldn't have to. Referees should speak to parents before games also in a lot of cases its enthusiasm turning into frustration.
    Sadly on a plus when coming across this early the less sh1t they'll take when older especially in sport.
    Our U7's lost on sat to a club's whose manager reenacted the Brian Kidd celebration of a few years back for each of their goals our manager asked him after the game did he realise they were 7 yr olds and got an F off for his troubles. We then had a ref award a peno and send off a 10yr keeper in the last minute of a game with the score 6-0 down. The kid left in tears and ref explained he had no choice and the child has to learn sometime :rolleyes:

See, I get that football teaches them stuff. I really do.

But what on earth does that teach that 10yr old:confused:. Nothing, as far as I can see.

See, I get that football teaches them stuff. I really do.

But what on earth does that teach that 10yr old:confused:. Nothing, as far as I can see.

I know some refs are as bad as the parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ballymun Utd i'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

If the referee abandoned the game, odds on the league will hammer the other team.

Some leagues hammer much harder than others though.

If the referee abandoned the game, odds on the league will hammer the other team.

Some leagues hammer much harder than others though.

ref was a parent not as straight forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

We then had a ref award a peno and send off a 10yr keeper in the last minute of a game with the score 6-0 down. The kid left in tears and ref explained he had no choice and the child has to learn sometime :rolleyes:

To be fair to the ref, he has a point, the kids have to learn the rules as early as possible. Same with foul throws, the amount of 14 and 15 year olds still making basic errors with throw ins is unreal. Kids need to learn the basics and that can be tough for some...as above. I remember reffing an u9's game and was being assessed, a kid removed his jersey after scoring and I had to give him a yellow card....I've never felt as low! :o

Underage football is a minefield with regards the above incident, I've reffed for 12 years and I often find the "bigger" clubs are the worst culprits with regards bad behaviour on the line...... The small clubs who work hard to keep going were always the most welcoming and easy to deal with regardless of geographical location.

There's no 'rules' at u8s as far as I've seen so far though, is there? We've no offside, no penos, red or yellow cards just yet. Think that starts at u9s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We've no offside, no penos, red or yellow cards just yet.
    No red or yellow cards? So what happens if they foul? Nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Sad to read Fittle, i played for years and played League of Ireland for a while as well. I'll never forget years ago i was 14 maybe 15 and was known as a decent firm but fair midfielder, i played for a team from Tallaght and we were playing against Lourdes Celtic who were excellent.

Anyway they had a very handy number 7 and i was man marking him and i'll never forget my manager called me over and said...........son your to do him........and i said what do you mean????? He replied i want to hear bones breaking, i want you to 2 footer him across the knees from the side at full force, i want his f..ken legs broke.

Well my own father was on the sideline, i jogged over and told him what had just been said to me, he told me to take my jersey off hand it back and get my clothes. Long story short, i reported it to the ref and later rang people who ran the club and this scumbag never managed again as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Sad to read Fittle, i played for years and played League of Ireland for a while as well. I'll never forget years ago i was 14 maybe 15 and was known as a decent firm but fair midfielder, i played for a team from Tallaght and we were playing against Lourdes Celtic who were excellent.

Anyway they had a very handy number 7 and i was man marking him and i'll never forget my manager called me over and said...........son your to do him........and i said what do you mean????? He replied i want to hear bones breaking, i want you to 2 footer him across the knees from the side at full force, i want his f..ken legs broke.

Well my own father was on the sideline, i jogged over and told him what had just been said to me, he told me to take my jersey off hand it back and get my clothes. Long story short, i reported it to the ref and later rang people who ran the club and this scumbag never managed again as far as i know.

Pure scumbag. I've had something like that happen to a guy on my team.
    Basically, he skinned a player and their manager shouted out " If he does that again, break his f.cken legs" This was a southside team though.

the_syco wrote: »
    No red or yellow cards? So what happens if they foul? Nothing?

Yesterday, the ref just kept going over to their manager to tell him to 'have a word' with the team, and the ref had a word with the kids himself...we got about 10 free kicks in the first half, but no reds or yellows...I know it was mentioned to me that at this age, it's not 'competitive' just yet

I spoke to our coach last night and we're forfeiting the away match and a match report will be sent to the league today, so we'll see.

Brill poker-face that you thought to tell your dad - you had obviously learned alot as a younger player, well done.

bohsboy wrote: »
    To be fair to the ref, he has a point, the kids have to learn the rules as early as possible. Same with foul throws, the amount of 14 and 15 year olds still making basic errors with throw ins is unreal. Kids need to learn the basics and that can be tough for some...as above. I remember reffing an u9's game and was being assessed, a kid removed his jersey after scoring and I had to give him a yellow card....I've never felt as low! :o

Underage football is a minefield with regards the above incident, I've reffed for 12 years and I often find the "bigger" clubs are the worst culprits with regards bad behaviour on the line...... The small clubs who work hard to keep going were always the most welcoming and easy to deal with regardless of geographical location.

Yes but it's how you do it. A pen a yellow and a chat would have got the message across. Instead you get a distraught child who will not remember the point being made.
    What league was assessing a kids game of that age? Ridiculous.
    I agree too many kids don't know the basics maybe not as old as 14/15 but then again how many refs actually explain their decision? If they did then maybe some would learn more when pulled.
    Even if the ref in the case I mentioned called the keeper told him what he done wrong and explained to him the reason then I might have sympathy for the ref. But to run in give a pen and stick the red card in his direction and scream at everyone to get away just showed him up for the idiot he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I hated having my mom on the sidelines at matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Yes but it's how you do it. A pen a yellow and a chat would have got the message across. Instead you get a distraught child who will not remember the point being made.
    What league was assessing a kids game of that age? Ridiculous.
    I agree too many kids don't know the basics maybe not as old as 14/15 but then again how many refs actually explain their decision? If they did then maybe some would learn more when pulled.
    Even if the ref in the case I mentioned called the keeper told him what he done wrong and explained to him the reason then I might have sympathy for the ref. But to run in give a pen and stick the red card in his direction and scream at everyone to get away just showed him up for the idiot he is.

the league was assessing the referee (all refs are assessed at some point)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »

Especially if she heard you cursing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I bet thats because you were also on the sideline.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

ZING!

Luckily...he's not quite at that stage just yet...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

This sounds crazy, how many a side are they playing, I am working with u8s 10s for about 6 years in Sligo Leitrim League. There are 0 compepitive games at u10 never mind u8s. The best way to hold the games we have found out is to make about 8 pitches on the field the home team generally puts a team on each pitch then we rotate the other teams so fast that the parents cant find little Johnny . We also make sure to put a tape up to keep the parents off the main pitch. Games are 4 or 5 a side cones only no goals. We try not to keep a score but the kids will anyway. The game is reffed by the home team again no whistle just someone to keep the game flowing. You do see rough play but as long as the parents are not on the sideline going mad then its easy to manage.
    The league has futsal every second weekend for that age group run by the league and has proper refs , again not ment to be competitive but parents are behind a soundproof window :D.

If what you are describing happend with us the clubs involved would be in bother and would be brought up in front of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Finical wrote: »
    Ah yes the memories. The amount of times I've been kicked off the ball getting abuse and all was constant in the Mayo leagues. Twas so bad and a reason why we produce a low amount of decent standard players. The managers are no help either they encourage this kind of thing, sure I've had one manager telling us to hack this guy down who was one of their better players he even said something about break his legs.

Instead of learning players basic football skills and manners and to even enjoy the sport all the managers want is for ther players to win the games. Refs were pish poor aswell they would let loads go which were blatant freekicks.

Best way to deal with it for your young fella is to just ignore it and play his own game!

You sure you weren't in the Karate Kid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I hated having your mom on the sidelines too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

BOHtox wrote: »
    Pure scumbag. I've had something like that happen to a guy on my team.
    Basically, he skinned a player and their manager shouted out " If he does that again, break his f.cken legs" This was a southside team though.

Happened me at Under 12's I think. Ball came to me nothing happening and I got a 2 footer right in the shin (So a bit high basically over the ball) Had to go off injured and 10 years later, that is the last competitive match I have ever played as I am still not 100%.

Worst part is, I was goalkeeper :confused:

PCPhoto wrote: »
    the league was assessing the referee (all refs are assessed at some point)

what decisions are there to make in an U8/U9 game?
    99% of these games will not have any frees, all a ref has to do is start them on time and blow for goals/wides/half time and full time
    What would any assessor learn from a ref operating at that age group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

its disgraceful the murder that people get away with, especially in the ddsl league is crazy and i think the whole league especially at under 11s has to be reformed and rules made for people attending the games. i remember playing for joeys sallynoggin a famous Dublin side and by god the stuff some of our managers did to win was disgusting. once our manager tripped an opposition player when he was running down the wing and hit the ref after a loss to name but a few examples. i had enough and had to leave but i notice a trend in all the top dublin sides such as cherry orchard, crumlin and home farm that some of the managers involved are scum and will do anything to succeed its disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

was playing an ADSL match in Ballinasloe. Was under 14's. Team I played for were from a rough area but we had some great players and played good football.
    Anyway, it's about 20 minutes in and we are 2-0 up. Our striker, small lad (hes still tiny, about 5'4'') is tearing them apart, they cannot get near the ball when he has it.

Cue from the sidelines parents shouting 'dont let that little **** past you, kick him in the face' etc. I get the ball at left back and go past someone, get kicked but keep going, get kicked again, pass the ball and get kicked as passing, eventually turn around and shout at the ref and he gives a free.
    Auld lad on the sideline starts screaming 'number 3 you're dead if you ever do that again.'

Little while later our CB tackles their striker, wins the ball and palys it up field, someone throws a bottle or coke at him.

While later i tackle a lad at the corner flag, win the ball but it goes for a throw, same auld lad as before is in my face screaming, starts calling the ref a ****.

Just before half time 3-1 now, go for a 50-50, win it but the other lad, who went over the ball, comes off worse and has to be subbed. Same auld lad is going mad again and comes onto the pitch screaming.

2 minutes later I score a freekick in the last kick of the half to make it 4-1. as we're walking off the pitch 4 auld lads and a load of mammies are screaming abuse at us, in the changing rooms we all tell the manager we arent going back out, get showered and changed, call the ref in and he agrees to abandon the match and give us a 4-1 win in his report.

As we are leaving the bus is pelted with stones and coke bottled... By parents...

Was shocking.

Played there again a few years later U17's for another team and the same parents were there at the same ****e. Scored another free kick and smiled in the face of the screaming idiots :-)

Seaneh wrote: »
    was playing an ADSL match in Ballinasloe. Was under 14's. Team I played for were from a rough area but we had some great players and played good football.
    Anyway, it's about 20 minutes in and we are 2-0 up. Our striker, small lad (hes still tiny, about 5'4'') is tearing them apart, they cannot get near the ball when he has it.

Cue from the sidelines parents shouting 'dont let that little **** past you, kick him in the face' etc. I get the ball at left back and go past someone, get kicked but keep going, get kicked again, pass the ball and get kicked as passing, eventually turn around and shout at the ref and he gives a free.
    Auld lad on the sideline starts screaming 'number 3 you're dead if you ever do that again.'

Little while later our CB tackles their striker, wins the ball and palys it up field, someone throws a bottle or coke at him.

While later i tackle a lad at the corner flag, win the ball but it goes for a throw, same auld lad as before is in my face screaming, starts calling the ref a ****.

Just before half time 3-1 now, go for a 50-50, win it but the other lad, who went over the ball, comes off worse and has to be subbed. Same auld lad is going mad again and comes onto the pitch screaming.

2 minutes later I score a freekick in the last kick of the half to make it 4-1. as we're walking off the pitch 4 auld lads and a load of mammies are screaming abuse at us, in the changing rooms we all tell the manager we arent going back out, get showered and changed, call the ref in and he agrees to abandon the match and give us a 4-1 win in his report.

As we are leaving the bus is pelted with stones and coke bottled... By parents...

Was shocking.

Played there again a few years later U17's for another team and the same parents were there at the same ****e. Scored another free kick and smiled in the face of the screaming idiots :-)

Mother of divine!!:eek:

What did your mother or father do? I don't know if I'd let him play another match at 13 if that happened!! Jays..I should have encouraged his ballet carreer instead:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

my parents werent there, none of ours were. Just the manager, another few people from the club and us. We were from Athlone.
    we boycotted that clubs home games from then and we didnt allow them bring 'supporters' to our ground. The league backed us on it.
    When my parents found out they asked about it, asked if I still wanted to play and when I said yes they let the club and league know they were unhappy.

I think that club had top drop out of the league for a while, no idea if it had anything to do with their 'support' or was other factors though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

ricero wrote: »
    i remember playing for joeys sallynoggin a famous Dublin side and by god the stuff some of our managers did to win was disgusting. once our manager tripped an opposition player when he was running down the wing and hit the ref after a loss to name but a few examples..

did that assault involve a member of the club whose surname begins with " F " ?

i had my boy in Joeys last year, u7s, was good enough but poorly arranged, last minute texts for training, games etc. i do recall getting hammered by Shamrock Rovers 8 - 0 at home and we were really impressed. Went away, lost 5 4 after being 5 1 down, and their manager who looked every bar a Premiership player with the hair and football gear on him, told one of his own players " you were coming off if you didn't score there " - then refused to shake our managers hand and said he was " too disgusted with his own teams performance " - seriously lads, grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

did that assault involve a member of the club whose surname begins with " F " ?

i had my boy in Joeys last year, u7s, was good enough but poorly arranged, last minute texts for training, games etc. i do recall getting hammered by Shamrock Rovers 8 - 0 at home and we were really impressed. Went away, lost 5 4 after being 5 1 down, and their manager who looked every bar a Premiership player with the hair and football gear on him, told one of his own players " you were coming off if you didn't score there " - then refused to shake our managers hand and said he was " too disgusted with his own teams performance " - seriously lads, grow up.

his surname did indeed begin with f. yea ive seen this for over a decade in joeys theres just to much pressure on young kids and its turning them off the game its disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Seaneh wrote: »

Was shocking.

Was in the same neck of the woods with a team and it ended in a free for all. We got a 30yard free in the last minute of extra time, I was doing the line so had the perfect view. (not allowed to flag offside just flag for throws) anyway their manager decided to organise a gang on the line to jump out at the last second, our star man just looked at him then told the rest of the forwards to stand on the 18 yard line and he went in on his own. The other manager then shouted now dont come out till I say, meanwhile our man trying to keep a straight face stood 2 yards onside ball was played yer man shouted and the backs all jumped out. Keeper palmed the ball which our man controlled and buired was unmarked in the 6 yard box. Key the other manager and parents to go ape and the final whistle came next before we knew it our kids were under attack from home players. Got them out of it but jesus. U12s by the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement