Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston scientific

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

For all those that recently had an interview and assessments and what not. Can i ask how long did it take ICE to contact you after sending them your cv. Emailed cv last week and if they're looking for people to start immediately, should i be hearing something this week?

there are hundreds of cv's going into ICE every week, you could be waiting a while

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

stevveyg wrote: »
    thanks all for the advice, i only heard about ice recruitment agency last week so i sent off a cv. They rang me last wednesday morning and more or less interviewed me on the phone to see if i would be suitable to be put forward for the assessment which i had on thursday.
    The position is just for a general operative on the floor.

Hey Stevveg,

Can I ask what you had to put on your CV to get to your stage?
    I'm looking to move from where I am at the mo, but I dont have any experience in the industry.

I do have an IT qualification & experience but I'm looking to apply for the General Operative role, as it suits my needs best at the mo.

Just trying to get a handle on whethere they are taking people on without experience & if I should maybe leave out certain things in case they take the "overqualified" bull**** line ...

Thanks,
    FB

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭skinandblister

My CV was in a good month before I heard anything back. I got a call on a Monday they asked a few questions on the phone and then asked me to come in for the assessment on Tuesday. I got a call back on the Wednesday saying that I had passed can I come in for an Interview at 11.20am on Thursday got a call back at 1pm on Thursday asking to go for an interview in Boston Scientific on Friday. All that was last week, I've had some hassle with references this week and now that they are sorted I am waiting for a call back. It seems to all be done quickly once you get called for the assessment.

You dont need any experience, I have none, but anyone applying just be warned you need two work references from two different employers. I've been working with the same company for the last five years while studying, they wouldnt accept my college reference so I had to sort out an alternative one from some work experience I did a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sillyboy19

Can anyone tell me is a there a urine test as part of the medical for boston scientific?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

sillyboy19 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me is a there a urine test as part of the medical for boston scientific?

Call HR and ask for Mary Jane.
    She deals with all these sort of queries.

mikom wrote: »
    Call HR and ask for Mary Jane.
    She deals with all these sort of queries.

you cruel man :D

No, there is no URINE TEST

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

sillyboy19 wrote: »

There is yes, I had to give a blood sample, eye test, hearing test, checks your blood pressure, heart rate and you have to fill out a medical history form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

papagormo wrote: »
    There is yes, I had to give a blood sample, eye test, hearing test, checks your blood pressure, heart rate and you have to fill out a medical history form.

Same as above for me three weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same for me 5-6 years ago, blood and urine in a random doctors surgery out in Salthill. I agree with the previous poster about the little hitlers comment, its a nightmare of a place to work in. I know its important to be precise considering what the devices are used for but that's not much consolation when you're being sent for retraining because someone on another shift threw a load of damaged tubes down the back of the machine you worked on and you just happened to be the operator sitting there at the time when they were found, loads of other little things like that on a daily basis in there, its a really hostile place, or was, I don't recall them being busy either, I remember hours of sitting around doing nothing but having line supervisors laughably tell us to sit at our machines and pretend to be busy like we were in China not Ireland.

Totally agree about leaving there being like getting out of prison aswell, I worked there for a year to save money for college and on my last day Ill never forget walking out into the sunshine and taking a deep breath like a scene from a film :D

That was the end of me ever working in factories again especially cleanroom facilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Nothing like that now, well not the room I'm in anyways.

I had the medical on Tuesday. It consisted of blood pressure, blood test, urine sample, ECG (checking your heart), eye test and hearing test. Also a few questions on your medical history.

Anyone know how long they take to get back to you after having the medical?

I know a lot of people who've worked there and its usually just a matter of days and if they sent you for a medical and you're healthy you should have it in the bag fingers crossed, I think I was told I had it I just had to pass a medical first, that was years ago now though.

^ Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure I passed it. She said everything was fine but my hearing is slightly down in my right ear. I dont think it will affect the outcome? I dont notice any difference in my hearing. Other than that everything was fine. So I could hear tomorrow or next week sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

^ Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure I passed it. She said everything was fine but my hearing is slightly down in my right ear. I dont think it will affect the outcome? I dont notice any difference in my hearing. Other than that everything was fine. So I could hear tomorrow or next week sometime?

I'd be interested to know how you get on seeing as your hearing is down a bit. My parents said to me tonight, "why didn't you go for Boston Scientific like your cousin?". I have pretty bad hearing so would just like to know if it would even be worth my while if vacancies were to come up.

mars bar wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how you get on seeing as your hearing is down a bit. My parents said to me tonight, "why didn't you go for Boston Scientific like your cousin?". I have pretty bad hearing so would just like to know if it would even be worth my while if vacancies were to come up.

I will post back here and let you know as soon as I hear from them. I guess it would be harm in trying for it but I honestly dont know how or if it will affect my chances of getting the job.

EDIT: Meant to say there would be no harm in applying for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Seeing as there are several deaf people working there already, I don't see imperfect hearing being a problem.

For all those that recently had an interview and assessments and what not. Can i ask how long did it take ICE to contact you after sending them your cv. Emailed cv last week and if they're looking for people to start immediately, should i be hearing something this week?

I submitted a CV about 3 weeks ago. I hadnt heard anything until I gave the office a call 9 days later. Got talking to the receptionist. I told her that I had mailed my CV in, gave her the date & time & she must have loaded it to their system then & there because I got a call back half an hour later to get me into one of the aptitude tests a few days later. Did that mid-last week & they called me two days ago for an interview next Monday, so hopefully I'm almost in the door now!!

Anybody know whats the sequence of events from here on?
    From what I've seen/heard, its the aptitude test, ICE interview, Boston interview, medical, reference check & then job offer. Is that about right, or is there more?

I got a call today and I got the job :)

@fun.bobby1981 - For me it was, appitude test, I.C.E interview, Boston interview, reference check and then the medical. I'd say if you get called back for the Boston interview you pretty much have the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Magnos

I got a call today and I got the job :)

@fun.bobby1981 - For me it was, appitude test, I.C.E interview, Boston interview, reference check and then the medical. I'd say if you get called back for the Boston interview you pretty much have the job.
    did you get a job on the line?

• Advertisement

Magnos wrote: »
    did you get a job on the line?

Yeah, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mars bar wrote: »
    I have pretty bad hearing so would just like to know if it would even be worth my while if vacancies were to come up.

That's a disability, so employers aren't allowed to discriminate on the basis of it ... they simply have to make reasonable accommodations.

Is anybody currently waiting to hear back from ICE after an interview with them for the line job in Boston?

Did the interview in ICE on Monday morning & they've been onto me about references since. They have been checked & as far as I know the last of that was done yesterday.

I'm assuming this means I got past the interview as I cant imagine they would be putting so much effort into getting contactable references from me if they weren't progressing the application.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows how long its currently taking for them to contact people after the interview to come back for a trip to Boston Scientific ...

Whatever the outcome, I just cant stand the waiting part!!! :confused:

Is anybody currently waiting to hear back from ICE after an interview with them for the line job in Boston?

Did the interview in ICE on Monday morning & they've been onto me about references since. They have been checked & as far as I know the last of that was done yesterday.

I'm assuming this means I got past the interview as I cant imagine they would be putting so much effort into getting contactable references from me if they weren't progressing the application.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows how long its currently taking for them to contact people after the interview to come back for a trip to Boston Scientific ...

Whatever the outcome, I just cant stand the waiting part!!! :confused:

After my ICE interview I got called for the Boston Interview and then the reference check. The reference check took about a week but once they were sorted they got back to me fairly quickly. You could hear from them tomorrow but if not I'd say you should hear something next week. The waiting is horrible, took about three weeks in total for my whole interview process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Don't know if their HR dept. would have a full compliment working next week(Race Week), so it could be a couple of weeks before you hear from them. Good luck with it anyway.

After my ICE interview I got called for the Boston Interview and then the reference check. The reference check took about a week but once they were sorted they got back to me fairly quickly. You could hear from them tomorrow but if not I'd say you should hear something next week. The waiting is horrible, took about three weeks in total for my whole interview process.
    Don't know if their HR dept. would have a full compliment working next week(Race Week), so it could be a couple of weeks before you hear from them. Good luck with it anyway.

Thanks folks, good to know. Yeah hopefully I'll hear today otherwise it could be another week!
    The first couple of references I gave them couldnt be contacted & had to dig up a couple more on short notice but all was ok. They've finished the reference check since yesterday morning (I'm assuming as she said she'd get back to me if there were any more problems), so I'm hoping my file is just sitting on someones desk waiting for a call.

With regards to the shifts that are available ... my preference is a late evening shift or a night shift. If I have to go night shift, a 3*12 weekend shift would be my most ideal choice. They said there were some of these available but they were rare. Were any of you offered a shift like this when you started?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carmiep101

Just seen this thread now, and it is very interesting, didnt realise it existed.

After talking to a neighbour who works there she told me to apply to I*E too. I've had my CV in with them for now over two months but havent heard anything back. I've also rang them twice and been told that they are unindated with CV's so it will take some time to get back to me if I am successful.

I was just wondering if anyone who had sent their CV into I*E hadnt heard anything at all despite chasing them up or received anything to say that they werent suitable for the positions? Its just so that I know what to expect.

Thanks

You might be better off sending them a CV once a month or so, it seems to be extremely random who gets called and if you didnt here anything from the first CV theres no guarantee its on file, they could have just deleted it at the time, same seems to go for Medtronic and Creganna, not sure who their recruiters are.

carmiep101 wrote: »
    Just seen this thread now, and it is very interesting, didnt realise it existed.

After talking to a neighbour who works there she told me to apply to I*E too. I've had my CV in with them for now over two months but havent heard anything back. I've also rang them twice and been told that they are unindated with CV's so it will take some time to get back to me if I am successful.

I was just wondering if anyone who had sent their CV into I*E hadnt heard anything at all despite chasing them up or received anything to say that they werent suitable for the positions? Its just so that I know what to expect.

Thanks

If you havent received an automated email acknowledging receipt of your CV, then it hasnt even been uploaded to the ICE database for review yet.

I submitted mine & heard nothing after 9 days, so I called looking for the contact named for this position on their website www.icejobs.ie.

The receptionist couldnt get a hold of her so I told her my name & the date & time I sent my CV. Then I got an email acknowledging my CV. Within half an hour the contact had called me back, asked me a few questions & booked me onto the aptitude test. From their I was called back fro ICE interview last week & now I'm about to head into Boston for 2nd interview. Assuming I pass that, its a medical & I'm in ... hopefully!

Good luck

• Advertisement

carmiep101 wrote: »

Thanks

If your neighbour works there you would be better of giving her your cv and let her send it in with a referral form. Thats what I did, my brother works up there and he put in my cv for me. It took a couple weeks to hear back from them, you may hear back quicker this way and will probably at least be called for the appitude test since someone is actually recommending you for the job.

Advertisement