Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston scientific

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Magnos

papagormo wrote: »
    long shot folks, I've been off sick yesterday and today, just wondering if I need a sick note, can't for the life of me find me contract and the supervisor is out today aswell!
    Pretty sure u only need a sick note if ur out for 3 days. I worked in boston before so thats how i know

PS. Get better soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

For anybody starting in any of the factories it's important to get a few contact no's and have them handy in the event of a no- show. Allowing them time to reorganise helps mitigate any issues your absence may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

For anybody starting in any of the factories it's important to get a few contact no's and have them handy in the event of a no- show. Allowing them time to reorganise helps mitigate any issues your absence may cause.

well, all you need to know is the name of your supervisor, you just call recepcion and ask for him;)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

pepe00 wrote: »
    well, all you need to know is the name of your supervisor, you just call recepcion and ask for him;)

Oh right, because reception covers all shifts don't they:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

Oh right, because reception covers all shifts don't they:rolleyes:

if not, you are directed to the security, they are like reception at night . dont they ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Even during the day when reception are on , security take calls if reception
    do not answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alicecorr

Hey, does anyone know what you need to get to pass the aptitude test, I did it last week, found the maths easy but only got 4 of the passages read out of 6 when the clock went and I'm sure I have a couple of wrong answers in those. I think I did ok on the dexterity but again not sure what kind of numbers they are looking for I found the staples bit tricky but managed to get 10 or so in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I don't know what they look for in order to pass you. I did the test a few weeks ago and I felt I did ok with the Maths and the reading one. The staples test was very finicky. I wasn't bad at it but I wasn't exactly brilliant either. Anyhow, I didn't pass the test :( I emailed ICE to ask for my results but they still haven't replied. It sounds like you did good with the staples test. Best of luck with it.

Thanks, and for the info.......Bad luck on your end, be interesting to know how you did do, sounds like you did ok,you must have been dissapointed, did they let you know shortly after it that you didn't pass it?

Yeah I was a bit blue after it alright. I really thought I did ok, enough to get through to the next stage. I rang ICE Recruitment about a week later to get the results. If I were you I'd keep ringing them to find out your own results. I take it you applied via ICE Recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get in to Boston Scientific without going through ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

cladda1112 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to get in to Boston Scientific without going through ice?

As a product builder? In short, no. Unless they launch a recruitment campaign then you would benefit from an employee referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

What would you be hoping/thinking the difference would be anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Don't worry about the aptitude tests people. Essentially it's to make sure you are literate and numerate. IE read and write. It's really for the foreigners, sorry non nationals. The staples test is the killer. I did OK even though I was old and going blind. Fail that and you won't get in. Consider yourself lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

No Boston or Medtronic do not hire process operators directly anymore, you will be on a temporary contract that way, making it easier to let you go if they need to. If you get a high up position, then its through the companies themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

No Boston or Medtronic do not hire process operators directly anymore, you will be on a temporary contract that way, making it easier to let you go if they need to. If you get a high up position, then its through the companies themselves.

Not quiet correct. Medtronic hire through Cregg & if you get the job your actually working for & geting paid by cregg not medtronic(i did it for a year & an half). Boston only use ICE to do donkey work(filtering through cv's, apptitude tests, initial interviews) but at the end of the day you are working for Boston directly, all be it on an initial 3 month contract.

That is really unfair. when ICE place you in a job they then refuse to put your name in for any other job so you are S***wed. So basicly you are caught in a cr*p job and have no way of moving to better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That is really unfair. when ICE place you in a job they then refuse to put your name in for any other job so you are S***wed. So basicly you are caught in a cr*p job and have no way of moving to better job.

Nonsense.

Firstly, you can apply for jobs thru Cregg, or CPL, or direct to other companies.

Secondly, once Ice's commission period (don't know the jargon for it ... but the minimum time that you need to stay there for so that they get their commission) is over, I suspect they'd be happy to place you elsewhere, 'cos they'd get the fee for placing you elsewhere AND the fee for placing someone else in Boston.

xflyer wrote: »
    Don't worry about the aptitude tests people. Essentially it's to make sure you are literate and numerate. IE read and write. It's really for the foreigners, sorry non nationals.

Somehow, I suspect that foreigners are under-represented in the 17% of Irish 15 year olds who are functionally illiterate. :rolleyes:

Ref: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/education/2011/0301/1224291075200.html

JustMary wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Firstly, you can apply for jobs thru Cregg, or CPL, or direct to other companies.

Secondly, once Ice's commission period (don't know the jargon for it ... but the minimum time that you need to stay there for so that they get their commission) is over, I suspect they'd be happy to place you elsewhere, 'cos they'd get the fee for placing you elsewhere AND the fee for placing someone else in Boston.

No i know 100% it not nonsense. As tried to get in to Boston for long time and told only way in was ICE. And the contract with them is for 2 years. Believe me if there was a way out would gladly take it. 90% of factories recruite through agents so applying directly is of little good. I know.

• Advertisement

No i know 100% it not nonsense. As tried to get in to Boston for long time and told only way in was ICE. And the contract with them is for 2 years. Believe me if there was a way out would gladly take it. 90% of factories recruite through agents so applying directly is of little good. I know.

There is no way that you are tied to Boston for two years. And I'd be very surprised if Ice have to wait two years to get commission from Boston for having you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,495 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What job do you have there?

not in boston..with a dif company but contract with ice for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

its crazy the recruitment going on in boston the last 6 months,reminds me of when i started 8 years ago.there was a complete freeze for the last year or two and now its taking off again.it seems positive but i cant help but wonder why now all of a sudden,i feared for the place up until recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

JustMary wrote: »
    Somehow, I suspect that foreigners are under-represented in the 17% of Irish 15 year olds who are functionally illiterate. :rolleyes:

Ref: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/education/2011/0301/1224291075200.html

Fair point, them as well. It would be interesting to see what proportion of Irish applicants fail these simple tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 catman19871

Hello, from whatI have seen throughout the whole thread is that ice seem to recruit at random in that u may be lucky at your first attempt or that it takes a few gos, I have already submitted my cv a few times and have heard nothing only received the email that it has been received etc. I have no experience in this work but it hasnt stopped people before and I know one or two people who have started there and have never done the type of job. Should I attempt it one more time? I have a feeling that as I am currently in a job they arent bothered with my cv as there are plenty of people available to work at the drop of a hat whereas I would have to give a weeks notice to leave my current employment. Just putting out my opinion, any feedback gladly appreciated :)

mars bar wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how you get on seeing as your hearing is down a bit. My parents said to me tonight, "why didn't you go for Boston Scientific like your cousin?". I have pretty bad hearing so would just like to know if it would even be worth my while if vacancies were to come up.

Hey Mars bar did you get into Boston Scientific? I did an aptitude test a couple of weeks ago but havent heard back from them. Did they contact you about it or did you have to call them for the results of the aptitude test? How did you think you did in the test yourself?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Yeah I was a bit blue after it alright. I really thought I did ok, enough to get through to the next stage. I rang ICE Recruitment about a week later to get the results. If I were you I'd keep ringing them to find out your own results. I take it you applied via ICE Recruitment?

Hey Blondie919 yes it was with ICE haven't heard anything back from them was thinking of ringing them, who did you ask for was it the receptionist who gave you the result or the girl doing the recruitment?

alicecorr wrote: »
    Hey Blondie919 yes it was with ICE haven't heard anything back from them was thinking of ringing them, who did you ask for was it the receptionist who gave you the result or the girl doing the recruitment?

It was the woman doing the recruitment who told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

Anyone do the aptitude test this week??

Advertisement