Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston scientific

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Yeah done the test this morning at 9:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

Thanks snorbeast,

Were you in yesterday evening group?? I was hoping to get a call for this morning but nothing, but hanging on and hoping ill get the call on monday.. Unless i failed the 2 tests yesterday and they never ring!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Was in yesterday evening at 4:30, and then in this morning for the second part of the dexterity test. How did you get on in the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Anyone know of any warehouse positions vacant? Or any idea of starting salary in the warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

just curious as to what sort of format the ICE telephone interview takes? does it take long or what type of stuff do they ask you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 askaway

They will ask about your cv.You will need to be able to go through your past work experiance and education details.You will need to know your dates and be able to account for any breaks in your work record.They will ask about what you did during any periods of unemployment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 donogca

Hi all,

I have an assessment in a few days. What do the aptitude tests consist of? Any examples?
    I sent my CV to ICE two months ago. Several calls and emails later I got an assessment date.
    Any advice on the day would be great.
    Cheers

donogca wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have an assessment in a few days. What do the aptitude tests consist of? Any examples?
    I sent my CV to ICE two months ago. Several calls and emails later I got an assessment date.
    Any advice on the day would be great.
    Cheers

this should help
    stevveyg wrote: »
    well i had assessment last week, maths english and 2 dexterity tests,
    6mins to answer 30 true or false questions i think it was, very easy

then read a few passages and answer questions, again straight forward

then dexterity tests included placing staples with a tweezers into a little board kind of a thing, place as many in it, over 3mins, u get 2goes and your best score is recorded.

the interview was 20mins long, just asked about education and work experience and what do you know about the company,

i had a medical today and another quick interview in boston

on another note I had my aptitude test on thursday, got called back to do the dexterity tests on friday where even if i say so myself I did very well, havent heard anything back since and the waiting is killing me:eek:

just wondering has anyone else heard anything back from the thursday/friday group. Debating whether to ring them up any ask for my results aswell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alicecorr

Be warned about Boston Scientific, people with degrees have failed to get in here on the line. It is pot luck at all stages as they pick and choose at the Boston interview stage. They reject 20% of those who get as far as Boston interview so give it your best shot. At the end of the day you are too good for this place anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

alicecorr wrote: »
    Be warned about Boston Scientific, people with degrees have failed to get in here on the line. It is pot luck at all stages as they pick and choose at the Boston interview stage. They reject 20% of those who get as far as Boston interview so give it your best shot. At the end of the day you are too good for this place anyhow.

Do you work there?
    I do not understand your reference to: "At the end of the day you are too good for this place anyhow"
    There are good opportunities there for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alicecorr

Ya but I'm off to Oz in new year when I've enough dough together......ya there are opportunities if your an engineer

how long roughly does it take to hear back after doing the boston interview? Did mine last week and they told me there would be no issues with me and I should hear back in a few days. Havent heard anything yet though, hate this waiting part:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

halfback5 wrote: »
    how long roughly does it take to hear back after doing the boston interview? Did mine last week and they told me there would be no issues with me and I should hear back in a few days. Havent heard anything yet though, hate this waiting part:eek:

I was waiting over a week, if you think the boston interview went well & it all sounded positive, dont panic because its probably in the bag.

Thing is, there are products, lines & shifts finishing up this month & alot people are getting moved into other product areas & shifts, cant for the life of me figure how they're still hiring. I'm sure they've it figured out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Be warned about Boston Scientific, people with degrees have failed to get in here on the line.
    That's a change from when I started, on my brand new line there were at least four with degrees. Two had Physics degrees, apparently even during the boom there was no work in Galway for Physics graduates.:P But that was then and this is now, maybe they can afford to pick and choose.

I wonder though from those who got in recently, what kind of contract are you on? I was on a six month contract initially, when that was renewed sometimes it was three months, sometimes six. I was never a permanent employee in the couple of years I was there. Like most others who joined with me. It meant that when your contract ran out it might not be renewed. Several people I know simply didn't have their contract renewed. It gives flexibility to companies. They can hire people and if the work dries up. They simply don't renew the contract. It doesn't appear as a job loss either.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I was waiting over a week, if you think the boston interview went well & it all sounded positive, dont panic because its probably in the bag.

Thing is, there are products, lines & shifts finishing up this month & alot people are getting moved into other product areas & shifts, cant for the life of me figure how they're still hiring. I'm sure they've it figured out though.

Cheers for the reply, I hope you're right, but the waiting part is killing me! keep checking my phone for the come in for a medical you fool call!

Fingers crossed it'll be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

anyone else go for the it role they have advertised?

Wondering when will i hear back

Advertisement