Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

conoe

• 27-02-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

does anyone have a unused copy of canoe craft b y ted moores any help would be great:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

pamul wrote: »
    does anyone have a unused copy of canoe craft b y ted moores any help would be great:confused:

The last time you asked about this book I posted a link to it on Amazon. In fairness the link is not working properly at the moment, so here it is again, maybe it will work this time, if not put the name and author here.
    There are unused (new) copies there for about £10 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pamul

great stuff thank you, ive sourced both easons and amazon as a supplier but i was hoping to keep the tradtition of selling on books alive may be its a keeper for most whom buy a copy, my local library and national stock has not got a copy thanks for help:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭carthoris

You can also get it for new on The Book depository - I find this good as there is no registration needed and the price you see is the price you pay:
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781552093429/Canoecraft

Abe Books deals with second hand books and they have some copies of it for sale, but once you factor in some expensive postage costs it is often cheaper to buy new:
    http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=ted+moores&bt.x=0&bt.y=0&sts=t&tn=canoecraft

Ebay is also an option, but again it appears no cheaper than buying new.

well done carthoris thanks for taking the time kind regards patrick:)

any tips on form making and lofting /reading drawings i got a :confused:good pdf from www.summerbeam.com its a drawing from canoe craft from ted moores:confused:

• Advertisement

can anyone help me with reading this drawing many thanks in advace:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Yeah sure, what in particular you having trouble with?

hi scanlone transfering the measurments from the drawing onto plywood to make station moulds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Bit hard to do over the net but basically all set out for you on page 2.

The dimensions for the forms 0 to 7 are shown in the top right corner. These include the size required to sit on a table as shown in the end view (small drawing, top left)

He then shows the exact position of each form in the elevation (main drawing in the middle of the page)

The "12inch reference line" drawn on both stern and bow must match with middle of the cross in each form drawing

fair play to anyone who gets 5/8 inch ply into those bends. I'd stick to the 1/2 inch at a maximum.

That's all prob as clear as mud

hi scanlone many thanks
    regards patrick:)

• Advertisement

het teds
    ive found a great guy in maine north east most usa search cncroutingandesign :D

for complete free drawins duckworks.com and on how to boatbuildercentral.com ,duckworks boatbuilder are thr best value for resin kits :)

hey teds
    another company is northwoods canoe co they supply part kits and full kits:)

Advertisement