Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research MA

Options
  • 27-02-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am looking to do a research MA next sept, and am looking into funding options.

I know I've missed IRCHSS:( and am looking into other options,
    I have two questions, I would really appreciate anyone in the know letting me know the following:

1)Is a research MA seen as a full time course?
    2)can you get local authority to cover your tuition fees

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm not sure if you'd be eligible for IRCHSS funding if you're registered for an MA. The only people I know who have received this funding have been PhD students.

Regarding local authority funding: yes, you may be entitled to a grant, providing you fulfil all the other requirements (can be found on your local authority website).

And provided the course is described the the institution as a full time course, then it will be recognised as such (just like a PhD).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Bettie wrote: »
    I am looking to do a research MA next sept, and am looking into funding options.

I know I've missed IRCHSS:( and am looking into other options,
    I have two questions, I would really appreciate anyone in the know letting me know the following:

1)Is a research MA seen as a full time course?
    2)can you get local authority to cover your tuition fees

By research MA do you mean MLitt or MPhil?
    If so, then I think you can apply but it is difficult.

Advertisement