Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera

Options
  • 27-02-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi

I left a camera to be fixed in a shop on January 11th and a week later I was told what the problem was and how much it would cost to get fixed, I said go ahead and when I asked how long would it take I was told 2 weeks or so, it's now just end of February and still not fixed I did ring 3 weeks ago and was told still waiting on part

where do I stand to get them to hurry up etc..?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

If they are genuinely waiting on a part there is very little you can do, I'd ring them again and request that they phone you when the part comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Is this a Camera Repair Shop in Dublin City Centre that "cares"????

If it is, Good Luck to you.

Both my sister and I left cameras in to be repaired at the same time. What a nightmare.

My camera needed to be fixed in a speedy manner. I explained the situation in the shop and was told it wouldn't take too long. It dragged on for ages. In the end I had to ring the Nikon rep. to see what was the issue with the part. There was no issue.

The shop I was dealing with seems to have no system in place.

1.They take in a camera for repair.

2.Order the part from the camera maker and then wait for the part.

3.If the part doesn't arrive they just continue to wait.

4.They seem to have no system in place to check up on orders and to see why parts are delayed etc.

5.They just wait.......

After raising a little bit of hell with the Nikon rep. I eventually got the part for my camera couriered to the shop (I did the repair shop's job for them) and the camera was repaired.....eventually.

My sister took her unrepaired camera back after 4 months. No progress had been made on her repair.

Advertisement