Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

System tool

• 27-02-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

HI ALL NEED HELP
    Turned laptop to see my background picture was a blue screen message saying I WAS IN DANGER ,COMPUTOR INFECTED then it runs un asked for scan ....results say 38 infections and buy now from system tool pc etc etc . cannot run my own AVG SCAN stops me say file infected ,keeps popping up in a sites and programmes
    What can i do ?
    Is System tool the virus
    Now can i get rid off it
    Thanks for any help
    Not a tech head so basic /simple answers please
    thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

This thread, post two, same sorta thing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Just a heads up for anyone else that gets this annoying virus.

I'm sure the advice given above works though it's a bit long winded.

What I did to solve this was start the machine in safe mode with networking (press F8 on startup)

Then did a system restore. After system restore AVG was working again so ran a full scan and it was clean. That's all it took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone else that gets this annoying virus.

I'm sure the advice given above works though it's a bit long winded.

What I did to solve this was start the machine in safe mode with networking (press F8 on startup)

Then did a system restore. After system restore AVG was working again so ran a full scan and it was clean. That's all it took.
    AVG let the virus through and your still using it?????? What else is it missing? Did you turn system restore off before doing the scan, if you didn't it's probably still in one of the restore points.

My long winded reply isin't to technical and will clean a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

exact same thing, 38 as well,

thanks, ill give that a try, i ran my antivirus software and it said i had 173 threats which i then removed, but still had that virus,

call me dumb if you will (im not that technical) but how do i do a system restore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

How to remove system tool guide http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-tool

system restore what os are you using

not sure i can use that one, cant connect to the internet on my computer to download rkill,

could it be because i am using a realtek device to connect to the net which might not be active in safe mode?

os is windows xp

did a system restore, seems to have done the trick, cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

That I am not the only one, I got it yesterday and it locked up my F secure and took me ages to remove.
    Then this morning it was back again.
    I restored system to a few days back which seems to have done the trick?
    When on the internet F secure told me something was trying to connect to the net. i denied it and all okay.
    If it starts again on next start up i will follow the full advice kindly given here.
    It is dissapointing that a 2 month old computer with anti virus can let this thing through.
    My old windows 98 system had no probs over 10 years.

• Advertisement

All seems to be well however..... Bottom icon flags up solve pc issues 2 messages.
    One says Security windows defender needs to scan your system with scan now icon.
    The other says Maintainance there are troubles on your computer that have not been reported to microsoft with check for solutions.
    The whole thing is on the Control panel, systems and security, action centre.
    Now is this genuine or another attempt by the virus?

Its all running fine with all other checks okay.
    Its just that this has never flagged up before?

after i did the restore my icon sayin i was connected to the net dissappeared, yet i can still connect so i assume its ok

Took a chance and followed the requests.
    All showed up normal.
    The other day has made me paranoid.
    Not a bad thing as I will be more vigilant.
    Thanks again for the valued help and the free fixes which were of more use than my so called anti virus.
    Wish I knew where the baddie came from in the first place.

Advertisement