Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in soccer forum

• 27-02-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

I recieved an infraction today for calling a 17 year old who robbed people at knife point and then intimadated then when it went to court a typical scumbag, this caused me to get a 6 month ban, it's the same mod who keeps giving me the infractions, he has an issue with me, a week or two ban I'd get over but 6 months

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The 6 month ban wasn't for that single post. There's a rule in Soccer that if you go past 6 infractions you get a 6 month ban. Are you aware of that rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Khannie wrote: »
    The 6 month ban wasn't for that single post. There's a rule in Soccer that if you go past 6 infractions you get a 6 month ban. Are you aware of that rule?

Yes I am aware of the rule, but I just found some of my infractions harsh, the mod that pulled me on this actually agreed the person was a scumbag and I just think some common sense could be used, my infractions have mostly being for poor language said when tensions run high during or after a game, I know rules are rules but I just find 6 months very harsh

edit: I'll be back.....

Pm from iago

Re: Banned from Soccer
    Actually, I agree that he's a scumbag. However the rules of the forum are there for a reason and I can't pick and choose when to apply them.

You know the rules as well as I do, and that means that sometimes even when a poster is right, he's wrong.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by niallo27
    So you had a problem with me calling a person who robbed people at knifepoint and then intimated them a scumbag, slickrick also had a go at him also had plenty of people in the utd thread, did they recieve warnings, I doubt it

There is a thread at the moment about a player that kicked an owl, he has being called a lot worse than a scumbag, did all these posters recieve infractions, I doubt and I hope not

So this dispute breaks down into several parts.

Part 1:
    niallo27 wrote: »
    I recieved an infraction today for calling a 17 year old who robbed people at knife point and then intimadated then when it went to court a typical scumbag

This is straightforward. There are rules against that and you broke those rules. Whether the guy in question is a scumbag or not isn't really important. You can't go abusing players in thread. The yellow card infraction stands.

Part 2:
    , this caused me to get a 6 month ban, it's the same mod who keeps giving me the infractions, he has an issue with me, a week or two ban I'd get over but 6 months

I'll deal with the same mod bit first. I had a look back through your infractions. You're up to 7 now. They all stand on their merits. The only one that's borderline to me is the Fergie one and I think that's just because of a lack of context for me. I acknowledge that the same mod has given you more infractions than others but you have received infractions from 3 different soccer forum mods. I don't think he has an issue with you.

On the 6 month ban:
    niallo27 wrote:
    my infractions have mostly being for poor language said when tensions run high during or after a game, I know rules are rules but I just find 6 months very harsh

I agree with all of this. For the most part the things you've been infracted for aren't major issues. You're not trolling or deliberately causing big bust ups with your comments. With that in mind I agree that it might initially seem harsh. Having said that, you still broke the rules 7 times (you're actually 1 past the 6 infraction rule). There's no indication that you're changing your ways. I don't want to blindly apply a "them's the rules" approach, but I think the 6 yellow rule in soccer is actually a genius rule. It gives people a chance to learn without unduly punishing them at the start. I can't apply it for others without applying it for you and as such I'm upholding the ban.

• Advertisement

I see iago is the cause of another dispute here as well, have you read the owl thread, have all these posters recieved infractions, can you raise my dispute further please, I honestly can't believe your not doing anything about the scumbag comment, but I was told this section of boards was pointless, yet I still belived it wouldn't be completly biased towards the mods

That fergie comment that you said was harsh, I got 2 infractions for that one for it and one for disputing, my last infraction if he wasn't a utd player would anyone have cared, everyone admits he is a scumbag,i know your in an impossible position because being a mod is only voluntary and it's not in your interest to overrule them, but a bit of common sense is needed here

i know your in an impossible position because being a mod is only voluntary and it's not in your interest to overrule them, but a bit of common sense is needed here

Honest to god I'd have no trouble overruling it if I thought the yellow card was unjust. None whatsoever. It's a yellow card offence. Genuinely. You're over the line at 7 infractions anyway, so some leniency has already been shown.

Anyway...you're appealing to admin level so I'll leave it at that. I'll have a look in on the owl thread too. You're not the only person to raise it.

Honest to god I'd have no trouble overruling it if I thought the yellow card was unjust. None whatsoever. It's a yellow card offence. Genuinely. You're over the line at 7 infractions anyway, so some leniency has already been shown.

Anyway...you're appealing to admin level so I'll leave it at that. I'll have a look in on the owl thread too. You're not the only person to raise it.

I don't want people to get yellow cards from that thread though, it would be pathetic to do so, we are just pointing out that iago will pick and choose who he bans, I wonder has he banned any utd supporters, all we want is consistency

What happens now how do i appeal to admin

• Advertisement

What happens now how do i appeal to admin

You already have. :) They'll be along at some point.

You already have. :) They'll be along at some point.

Thank you very much, looking through this forum I was wondering has any warning or ban ever being overturned, I haven't found one yet

There's one on the first page:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056188615

Others that I'm aware of....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68705452
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056169548

There are plenty more. They are less frequent than cases where the ban is upheld of course. That's only natural and shouldn't be taken as a sign of injustice.

Cat Mods take each dispute on its merits and take each one very seriously. You would probably be surprised at how much effort and discussion has gone on behind the scenes regarding each dispute in here. I was. Anyway...I'll leave it to the admins now. I just thought you'd like to see some cases of a ban being overturned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thank you very much, looking through this forum I was wondering has any warning or ban ever being overturned, I haven't found one yet

Hi niallo27

On jan 18 I conducted a small review of this forum. This is how it stood at that time.
    r3nu4l wrote:

Thats just one snapshot from one day in jan.

Anyway, I'll look into these infractions and bans tomorrow if I get the chance, I don't have time today. In the meantime stop sending private messages to the mod concerned. Thanks.

I just pmed him once saying he was a disgrace after banning Liverpool fan after Liverpool fan, hopefully you can see what's really happening here, I got a pm saying bans are very rare in the soccer forum, I find that hard to believe if iago is modding the forum like this, the mods in the soccer forum are very good thing get overheated they delete a few posts and tell people any more bull**** there will be warnings and it works but this iago female goes against the norm and goes and searchs through days old posts to find a ban, I didn't troll any thread I didn't abuse anybody, I just called a scumbag a scumbag, the mod even pmed me saying he agreed he was a scumbag, 6 month ban is just so excessive for petty things

The rules are 6 infractions = 6 months ban.

Harsh? Yes but Soccer has to be to keep it in order.
    He is ****en mile off the prick
    Deserved? Yes
    If the **** of the linesman had done his job we would have won today
    Deserved? Yes
    Got a warning for the cracking up comment, ****en joke, is thanks 4 the fish a manc or what, there will be no one left on the site if this ****e continues
    Deserved? Yes, I would have red-carded or banned for that tbh.
    He's cracking up he's cracking up, fergies cracking up
    Deserved? Yes (baiting)
    Post about Roy's contract deleted. I won't repost due to potential legal issues.
    Deserved? Yes.
    e is as thick as ****, every club organizes women for the players, women they know will stay quiet, but this stupid **** went off and found his own bird
    Deserved? Yes.

That's six infractions, each and ever one deserved. So a six month ban seems harsh for minor infractions BUT those are the rules and you knew them.

Ban stands. If the mods feel like rescinding it at some point they are free to but there's no way I can rescind it when it's obvious that your behaviour hasn't changed at all. You had five chances not to mess up after your first infraction but you still continued to post in the same manner.

I think the infractions you are looking at different to the ones I got, I recieved none for any contract talks or any for clubs organising women, what the he'll is going on, is iago just making things up as he goes along, how did he become a mod, did he collect 8 tokens or something

You are very, very mistaken niallo27. These infractions are recorded on your profile when they are received. I will link to them all now.

Infraction 1 - Iago
    Infraction2 - Iago
    Infraction 3 - Iago
    Infraction 4 (Rooney contract talks) - Iago did not infract you on this thread, TWO other mods did. - Frisbee
    Infraction 5 - Thankx 4 the Fish
    Infraction 6 - Thankx 4 the Fish
    Infraction 7 - Frisbee

All within 6 months. You haven't a leg to stand on here. You also have an infraction in July last year.

You've had plenty of opportunities to modify your posting style and behaviour and yet you haven't taken those chances.

Three different soccer mods have issued those infractions and they were all clearly deserved yet somehow you think this is somebody else's fault and you shouldn't be punished? :confused:

As for your snide comments about one particular mod, they really don't help your case. Any more attacks on this mod or any soccer mods and I'm going to increase the length of your ban.

You said roys contract in your first post that's why I was wondering what that was about, I didn't realize talking about whores was an infraction in the other post, I pmed iago once jesus you would think I was waiting outside his house or something for him, I may come across as snide but I'm pissed off at him as are a lot of people in the soccer forum

You may be pissed off with Iago but you deserved every one of the infractions he gave you, therefore your six month ban stands.

This issue is resolved.

If you have an issue with a mod, that's a separate thread but I'm not sure if it's a DRP issue or Help Desk issue so don't post anything yet. I'll send you a PM when I know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement