Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biker in Wicklow: Sun 27th

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

OP i would just like to apologise for my actions, i did it as a joke and cos i don't like ppl on push bikes for reasons already pointed out above

:D:D:D

Only kidding, biker was bang out of order for his/her actions no need to assault anoyone else using the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Terrible tragic thing to happen.

I hope the OP concerned makes a speedy recovery from this horrific slap around the lugs.

What sort of bike was it. Did he look like this by any chance

harley-davidson-fat-boy-flstf-and-terminator-2-judgment-day-gallery.jpg
    classic. am still gigglin. long live the gsxr!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

seamus wrote: »
    If a guy in a car buzzed any of you on your bikes close enough to give you smack on the back of your helmet, you'd be all in here raging about bloody cagers and how the biker should have caught up with him, dragged him out of the car and beat him to within an inch of his life.

:D:D:D.........If a biker was caught by a "cager"..he deserves to have his helmet smacked..............:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If a guy in a car buzzed any of you on your bikes close enough to give you smack on the back of your helmet, you'd be all in here raging about bloody cagers and how the biker should have caught up with him, dragged him out of the car and beat him to within an inch of his life.

Nice to see hypocrisy is alive and well. Bikers suffer from stereotyping just like cyclists do, and this biker doesn't do anything to dispel the common opinion that all bikers are just speed freak scumbags with no respect for the law.

If you had any respect for yourselves and consider biking to be an honourable priviledge, you would condemn this guy's actions, regardless of what the cyclist may or may not have been doing.
    excellent point.
    You have every right to be on the road.
    Sadly your going to me bellends everywhere.
    Don't worry we are not all like this prick.
    I see plenty of posts by bikers claiming that people in cars treating them like lower class people and now ya have some prick treating cyclists like a lower class person. Hopefully this tool does it to some chap and gets caught at the next set of traffic lights and yer man kicks him all over the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

There are jackasses everywhere, on two legs, two wheels, four wheels, see where I'm going here? It's nothing to do with what mode of transport they use. You can be guaranteed someone who is a jackass on his bike is a jackass in life and this will soon catch up with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Nice to see hypocrisy is alive and well. Bikers suffer from stereotyping just like cyclists do, and this biker doesn't do anything to dispel the common opinion that all bikers are just speed freak scumbags with no respect for the law.

If you had any respect for yourselves and consider biking to be an honourable priviledge, you would condemn this guy's actions, regardless of what the cyclist may or may not have been doing.
    Ahem...
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    But obviously the biker that gave you the slap is a complete tosser.
    amacca wrote: »
    what a reckless cnut

riders like these are part of the reason insurance premiums are high as sooner or later they will be a statistic in an actuaries reference tables...

hopefully they wont take any innocent parties with them
    What an ass.
    Pique wrote: »
    He was a twat for doing what he did.
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    But if you were by yourself it's safe to say yer man is a twat.
    -Chris- wrote: »
    The most likely (only) reason is because the biker is a cnut.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    Sounds like a complete prick. Deserves a nice knee in the face.
    TheUsual wrote: »
    If some spanner did that to me on a street it would be assault and the Gardaí would be involved.

I hope he does it next week to some guy with a black-belt in Judo.

Karma.
    rymus wrote: »
    what an awful pity you didn't get his reg. I'm sure that'd be a nice case of reckless driving and assault for the courts to deal with.
    RosieJoe wrote: »
    IMO Biker was a feckin gob****e showing off to his mates! True hard man :rolleyes:
    cantdecide wrote: »
    That biker was certainly a nob to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

In fairness to the OP he has stated that he was on his own so therefore it was unlikely that he was holding up too much traffic.

This guy was obviously just a dip****. Usually to be seen on Sunny Sundays.

To be fair to cyclists, the usual reason that they cycle 2 abreast is for self preservation!!! How many times have you seen tosspots in cars drive so close to cyclists that they force them to wobble or cycle into the ditch/footpath. Being two abreast forces the motorist to take a proper overtaking manouver, thereby reducing the chances of the cyclist being injured. Another factor is that by being two abreast in a group of 6/8/10 the distance needed to overtake is actually shorter!!
    Overtaking them shouldn't be an issue for bikers most of the time as there normally is sufficient space to get past them.

That's my take on it on Open roads or Country roads. In town though they're fair game!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Maybe he thought you where his missis. Hard to tell with all that Lycra.

Your lucky he did not try and feel your arse as well:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

today bikers giving slaps :eek: tomorrow who knows :(

high-scores-theyre-really-important-to-some-people-demotivational-poster.jpg
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Techo

Glad you got home ok..was out that way myself on engine bike yesterday..great day for it..agree there are tossers everywhere and this lad is a case in point.

Think OP has a fair grievance. The whole cager vs biker vs cyclist debate is for another day. Most of us are at some stage one or all of the above..I own a cage, bike and bicycle, and depending on which mode of transport I'm using, the other users p*ss me off at some stage or another. We could rant here about each other for days and won't solve the issue. Only thing that might work and produce harmony is if every road user purchases a copy of the Rules of the Road and actually reads it and practices what is preached therein! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

thewatch wrote: »
    What's not funny about the slap?? I'm wildly amused :D I hope it turns up on youtube

lmfao +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

This is a typical cyclist........check out his riding after the event...he's the one thats driving like a lunatic....:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEgSFtjwgU&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Sids Not wrote: »
    This is a typical cyclist........check out his riding after the event...he's the one thats driving like a lunatic....:rolleyes:

I'd think he's more of the road rager than the Mondeo man, but I'd say that's more of an instance where they both should have been the "bigger men".

I don't know if that applies very well to Cookie Monster's instance though, except to point out that there are idiots on every form of transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Techo wrote: »
    Glad you got home ok..was out that way myself on engine bike yesterday..great day for it..agree there are tossers everywhere and this lad is a case in point.

Think OP has a fair grievance. The whole cager vs biker vs cyclist debate is for another day. Most of us are at some stage one or all of the above..I own a cage, bike and bicycle, and depending on which mode of transport I'm using, the other users p*ss me off at some stage or another. We could rant here about each other for days and won't solve the issue. Only thing that might work and produce harmony is if every road user purchases a copy of the Rules of the Road and actually reads it and practices what is preached therein! :)

There's no need every house in the county was posted the current one.
    Biker is a pr!ck no way around it. No matter how frustrated other road users makes you there's no excuse for hitting anyone unless your both in a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Sids Not wrote: »

That cyclist is a knob of the highest order. But definitely not typical. Theres a few militant cyclist around, but they're not the norm. Same with bikers, drive through town every day and there's dickheads out there. They use all forms of transport.

Advertisement