Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only drink if you're gonna get locked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Abi wrote: »
    I wouldn't drink to get drunk, it just ruins your night imo. I don't see the attraction of falling around the place / puking your ring up and not remembering your night.
    sounds like you need to learn to handle your drink :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Max Power1 wrote: »
    sounds like you need to learn to handle your drink :D

Define locked?

If you're talking face down in a puddle of puke, having pissed yourself, well no.

In fact, what's wrong with having a beer or two, or a glass of wine without having to finish the bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

i drink to get drunk, dont see the point otherwise
    Definitely. Why drink one or two pints? You might as well just drink milk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

partyndbs wrote: »
    who agrees?

Not me! I disagree. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Define locked?

You haven't lived until you've experienced ample nugget delivery in the rear boxer region

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It is sad that there are actually people in Ireland who think like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Sometimes it's nice to have 2 or 3 pints & leave it at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I suppose it depends whether you particularly like the taste of the drink or not.. I wouldn't be mad about the taste of most alcoholic drinks, so I generally wouldn't drink it for any other reason than to get drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I go out to have the craic, drinking as I do so. If I get drunk its a side effect, its not the goal.

However, a few mates end up downing naggins and stuff in order to get hammered, and tbh it sucks being the only sober person, people are retards when they are drunk, unless you are too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I go out to have the craic, drinking as I do so. If I get drunk its a side effect, its not the goal.

However, a few mates end up downing naggins and stuff in order to get hammered, and tbh it sucks being the only sober person, people are retards when they are drunk, unless you are too

I agree with you 100%.

Saying "ah I'll have a few pints and end up drunk" is one thing. But when your goal is to get drunk before the night is even halfway over there's no point in going out at all; you're just wasting money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I don't drink to get drunk but I also wouldn't just have one or two pints. If I was only able to have one pint I'd much prefer to have a glass of orange juice or a coke. Likewise I'd never have a glass of wine with dinner, I'll just stick to water. If I do drink it would usually be 4 cans of beer minimum, anything lower than that and I'd much rather stay sober and be able to drive home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

It is sad that there are actually people in Ireland who think like that.

Are you surprised? :confused:

...I'll assume that you're a tourist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

I agree with you 100%.

Saying "ah I'll have a few pints and end up drunk" is one thing. But when your goal is to get drunk before the night is even halfway over there's no point in going out at all; you're just wasting money.

This.

Yes, if I'm drinking, I may end up drunk, but getting drunk is the adventure but not the destination.

Yes, I might (actually not even might, would) have shots, beers, spirits, what have you, but just drinking to get abso wankered, no thanks. I'm not 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

partyndbs wrote: »
    who agrees?

:D I dont, 2 years plus sober and loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

i go out for the craic, for the friends i meet and the women, Drink helps with me because i can be very shy sober, getting drunk can provide brilliant memories and start friendships, thats why i get drunk.
    theres no point getting a little drunk, if your going to get drunk then go on a 'mad one' if not then stay sober and be able to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Sure one time I drank 20 cans and I was grand!

although it was over a period of 3 days, and I had a few glasses of water between every 3 pints or so. I had also had plenty to eat and got plenty of rest during that time. It was also only 4% carling beer. I had also given away a few ends to a few of my mates and also gave away 1 or 2 cans to a couple of people who were a few short. Not to mention that I broke the seal after my second beer and frequented the bathroom every 20 minutes.

But lol disregard all that, 20 cans I'm deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

if you're goin to do it mite as well do it right, paul mcgrath style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

starling. wrote: »
    Are you surprised? :confused:

...I'll assume that you're a tourist ;)

Something doesn't have to surprising to be extremely sad or pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

you should probably go and see a alcohol counselor before it gets to far out of hand,

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's sunday evening and I'm having pizza and watching Top Gear whilst drinking some Tiger beers. I won't get drunk but I probably wont feel this relaxed all week.

Bottles of beer or a glass of wine are fantastic for just chilling out and relaxing, getting drunk often ruins that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

It's sunday evening and I'm having pizza and watching Top Geat whilst drinking some Tiger beers. I win't get drunk but I probably wont feel this relaxed all week.

Bottles of beer or a glass of wine are fantastic for just chilling out and relaxing, getting drunk often ruins that

Here here *CLINK*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Abi wrote: »
    I wouldn't drink to get drunk, it just ruins your night imo. I don't see the attraction of falling around the place / puking your ring up and not remembering your night.

I do drink to get drunk - I don't see the point otherwise. But then again there's drunk, and then there's totally fcukin' langered off your face. The latter I do very rarely, the former I do very regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

When I were young .........erm....all this were fields.....yarrrrrrrrrr :)

oh yeh when I were young I thought the object of drinking was a 'get fcuked up' competition.

And I was winning too, but then 'they' :cool: changed the rules. There were dinner parties and kids everywhere. Soon people drank to 'stay sober' and no longer recognised the achievement of being the most pissed person at the party.

:(:cool:

Bastuds. Ruinin' my sport with their new fangled 'moderation' drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The logical corollary of that concept is to always eat until you puke.

Sad, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    The logical corollary of that concept is to always eat until you puke.

Sad, really.

Sad. AND umpossibule :(:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I dont really drink to get locked but I always do it. Every weekend I drink its full of blackouts which everyone probably gets in Ireland. But in other countries they would think im an alcoholic???

I'm from Ireland and based on the above description I would agree with the "other countries".

"Full of blackouts" is not normal, and deluding yourself that "everyone probably gets in Ireland" is completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Fullers London Pride :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I wouldn't say I ever really go out with the intention of getting gee-eyed, but once that sweet, sweet alcohol touches my tongue, it's in for a penny, in for a pound. Certain drinks are very attributable to getting completely locked, I can't imagine anyone going out for a quiet Jaegermeister after work, surely it's sole purpose is to get whoever buys it loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'm from Ireland and based on the above description I would agree with the "other countries".

"Full of blackouts" is not normal, and deluding yourself that "everyone probably gets in Ireland" is completely wrong.
    Ah well an awful lot of people do anyway. I only really ever drink once a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

as an ex-drinker, who obviously only drank to get drunk, i only miss the odd 1 or 2 pints of good guinness - if only i kept it that way - it was the aftermath that was the problem

i do miss wine with food

Advertisement