Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunatic runs over bike protestors in Brazil...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I felt sick watching that, I felt bad for even watching it, those snuff videos are too irresistable.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well done people you covered yourself in glory tonight.

Several posts removed.

If you want to laugh at people being run over then do it elsewhere.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

WindSock wrote: »
    Haven't we all felt like doing that at some point...?
    WindSock wrote: »
    Ooops, I did type it out loud. Ehh...nevermind what I said. I'll just go back quietly to my violent rage fantasies from behind the wheel :pac:

How nice. A driver rams down a load of people including children and you feel the need to post your homicidal fantasies.

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Well in fairness they were blocking the whole fcuking road........

I disagree with critical mass and along with other things, that does not give me the right to kill or injure those who do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

that is sick , thats the sort of thing that makes you lose faith in humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Disturbing.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Bloke in the orange T-shirt is heroically defending the rest of the group from the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Awful thing to do. Hope the people were ok.

Would it be horribly insensitive if I use this as a lyric for a song? "After he passed, it became a scene of war, twisted bicycles and lots of people bleeding on the floor"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Driver of a VW Golf plows into the middle of over 100 cyclists:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/critical-mass-brasil-2011.html

Driver dumped the car and ran!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Some people are tossers. End of, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Every time im stuck behind a group of 10+ middle aged men dressed in spandex hogging the road I feel like doing the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

whoops missed thread there :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Read today they got the bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Man Who Plowed Into A Group Of Bikers Is A Brazilian Central Banker, And He's Charged With Attempted Murder

More news has come out about the man who plowed his car into a group of bikers last Friday in Porto Alegre.

It turns out that the driver, 47-year old Richard Neis, works at the Brazilian central bank, and he's since been placed under psychiactric care.

According to Zero Hora, the police found Neis' car abandoned near downtown Porto Alegre early Saturday morning.

In his defense, Neis' lawyer says the bikers had been harassing the banker and his 15-year old son, but a biker witness says that he heard Neis say, "But I'm in a hurry," to someone in the group of about 100 bikers who were blocking the road in a "Critical Mass" demonstration just moments before hitting the gas and running over 8 cyclists.

The bikers were later hospitalized and then released.

Neis is charged with attempted murder, according to Zero Hora.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/richard-neis-brazilian-central-bank-bikers-car-plow-2011-3#ixzz1FeJqVFXh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ordinary cyclists do not deserve this, those nutjobs however did , they were hitting the car, if you were being attacked on your car surrounded by scumbags youd drive off too

ordinary cyclists do not deserve this, those nutjobs however did , they were hitting the car, if you were being attacked on your car surrounded by scumbags youd drive off too

Where is the evidence that they did any damage to his car at all (other than when he tried to kill them), that's right there is none. I hope you're trolling because if you're not your post has to be one of the stupidest I've ever read anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The cyclists were deliberately breaking the law, they are only supposed to cycle two abrest and not take up the whole fcuking road.

A few years ago a New York cop lashed out against a cyclist in a similar motive.

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18662&page=1

The cyclists were deliberately breaking the law, they are only supposed to cycle two abrest and not take up the whole fcuking road.

A few years ago a New York cop lashed out against a cyclist in a similar motive.

That cop was subsequently fired.

Perhaps they were breaking the law (I'm not that fmiliar with Brazilian road traffic legislation), but it's hardly justification for attempted murder. If capital punishment was the norm for transgressions of the rules of the road most Irish motorists would've been killed a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

Exactly, yesterday I saw some guy throwing his chewing gum on the street so I hit him in the head with a brick.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

What nut jobs? Who was hitting his car? Have you looked at the video? It clearly shows the mass of people he hit just casually cycling along harming nobody.

You'd drive over 40 or more cyclists because others are knocking on your windows? :confused:

I'm afraid I have to spell this out: You can't knock somebody over just because they get in your way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭nomh

clearly he'd stayed up three consecutive nights playing grand theft auto and was hallucinating from lack of sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Vroom Vroom.

Get a car, hippies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

a lot of people get the urge to do that, here.

a lot of people that have read this thread. i would say a.. hefty proportion...

Advertisement