Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB improved Internet speeds in Rush?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

dent wrote: »
    Anyone got UPC broadband in Lusk? Be interested in the speeds people are getting with it. Might change.

Apologies for resurrecting this as a zombie thread but UPC triple play coming to Lusk around the early autumn. So that's 100Mb speeds.

Expect lots of other operators trying to lock you into contracts before this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

SeaSide wrote: »
    Apologies for resurrecting this as a zombie thread but UPC triple play coming to Lusk around the early autumn. So that's 100Mb speeds.

is that all of Lusk? or is it just where broadworks had their infrastructure?

Please say its all of Lusk*

*fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Lusk has UPC broadband? ..Rush doesn't.. what the hell?

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    is that all of Lusk? or is it just where broadworks had their infrastructure?

Please say its all of Lusk*

*fingers crossed

Lusk Village, Chapel Farm, Orlynn Park not sure about Dun Emer

You'll see manhole covers with the UPC name on them in Orlynn Park close to where the mast used to be, also one on the Dublin Road near Kelly's Garage at the second entrance into Chapel Farm

This is peak time, right?

1309164030.png

Pathetic

Lusk has UPC broadband? ..Rush doesn't.. what the hell?

You need a MAN in your life

Lusk Village, Chapel Farm, Orlynn Park not sure about Dun Emer

damn in Dun feckin Emer :(

You need a MAN in your life

Any chance of that coming out to Rush in the near future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

This is peak time, right?

1309164030.png

Pathetic

as much as i dont really like the service i get eircom my line was never really that bad even before the upgrade.

Any chance of that coming out to Rush in the near future?

Speak with your friendly local politico. They'll probably say no but say it very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Expect lots of other operators trying to lock you into contracts before this happens.

Damn you all to hell!

taylor.jpg%3Fw%3D128%26h%3D128

I would love to get some UPC action in Skerries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Speak with your friendly local politico. They'll probably say no but say it very nicely.

Would speaking to UPC directly not be better?

I took my chances there and attempted to order some nice broadband from UPC. It failed but someone will be in touch within 2 days I'm told. Registering interest is a key thing for companies like that. My current broadband (with vodafone) is grand, but they are charging me through the nose for it because I have no real alternative.

damn in Dun feckin Emer :(

Have a look to see if there is a scar across the pavement on Hedgestown Lane if there is then thats hopeful.

Have a look to see if there is a scar across the pavement on Hedgestown Lane if there is then thats hopeful.

oh please let it be so

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

In Lusk Village, switched from Eircom. My Internets are awesome now.

1311996253.png

awesomeness

dats excellent pings

awesomeness

dats excellent pings

You can get better pings than that with DSL on low interleaving. I'm pinging unreal.ie (the gold standard afaic) at an average of 11ms. Still though...20Mbps.....Jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I was looking forward to the upgrade so that I could avail of NGB in Dun Emer, knew it was to happen in April and checked on speedtest.net several times to see if any better, never goes much above 1.5 download - called Eircom this evening and I was told that I'm too far from the exchange and not likely to improve, only difference supposedly should be the contention ratios.

Oh I hope UPC becomes available in Dun Emer too, makes me sick hearing the speeds people get in other areas and trying to make do with bloody 1.5mb here :(

Khannie wrote: »
    You can get better pings than that with DSL on low interleaving. I'm pinging unreal.ie (the gold standard afaic) at an average of 11ms. Still though...20Mbps.....Jealous.

Your prob pretty close to the exchange if you can lower your interleaving not 3km away like us luskians.

Yeah it's about 150M away. Less probably. *drools* Mmmmmm. Exchange proximity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Khannie wrote: »

Is interleaving something that I can check/set?

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Is interleaving something that I can check/set?

if you call you provider they will switch it on for you, if your line is good enough of course

I was walking down Hedgestown lane towards the Centra and I spotted a scar across the road from Chapel Farm to the Dun Emer side and then spotted one very new looking man hole cover with UPC written on it

will I take this as a good development?

Happy Days

whoops it wasn't Hedgestown lane, it was Kilhedge Lane

whoops it wasn't Hedgestown lane, it was Kilhedge Lane

my bad. where i got the name from beats me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

I rang up UPC for the craic. The lady was quite honest and said that Rush wasn't on the roll-out schedule, then said "there definitely wouldn't be any chance this side of xmas".

I shall not be holding my breath...
    -Bam

Advertisement