Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia 2247NWG-EIR recovery tools need

• 27-02-2011 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi from Ukraine, dear community!

When I tried to change the firmware of my router Netopia 2247NWG-EIR to version 7.7.4r1 (from file nwta774r1.bin) my router become non-work: power indicator is blink of green to red light and router was not answer for web or ping. I switched off the router, than switch on, but after this manipulations router is not work, and not answer for any queries - not ping and not web interface present. There are light the power indicator, and LAN port indicator, when connector plug in. The indicators "wireless" and "dsl" is pale glow. Now router work in mode of "non managed switch".
    Sorry for my poor English.
    Tell me please, can I recover my router myself, and how to it make? Are exist a recovery program tools for recovery my device in router mode, such as for D-Link-500T ADSL router or some other?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Have you tried the reset button?

There should be a small pinhole at the back of the router. Hold a pin in it for about 10 sec until all the lights blink and it resets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

If the modem is constantly reseting itself its basically bricked.

You can try reseting the modem 5 times in a row, sometimes that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aveles

Yes, of course, I had try to reset, but it's don't any effect - any lights not blink. :(
    Impression that is completely zeroed flash-memory of device.

For example devices from D-Link has recovery tools, such as program for hard recovery on DSL-500T or push and hold the reset button before (during) switch on device. But on my Netopia modem it not work, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

after a reset your name and password will be blank, well password, you will have to renter this.

cuppa wrote: »
    after a reset your name and password will be blank, well password, you will have to renter this.

Where I must to enter name and password, if device HAVE NO any ip adress and its web-interface not answer for any requests?!?

Sorry but my question is most concretely - Does the recovery program exist or not? And does exist any other manipulation with my device, which may get me wanted result - recovery firmware, for example from recovery console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Sorry never seen a netopia recovery tool in my travels.

All the support pages indicate that you need a working web interface to change the firmware.

The netopia's do support telnet but i can't find instructions for changing the firmware that way.

However you may be able to clear saved settings. If it does not respond to telnet requests i think you could probably give up on it.

Sorry never seen a netopia recovery tool in my travels.

All the support pages indicate that you need a working web interface to change the firmware.

The netopia's do support telnet but i can't find instructions for changing the firmware that way.

However you may be able to clear saved settings. If it does not respond to telnet requests i think you could probably give up on it.

Thanx a lot for your attempt to help me.
    Telnet cann't help me too.
    I'll find any way of solve my problem. Sorry for you time for me.

Advertisement