Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculate total BTU's from 7 rads

• 27-02-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi i have a 80,000 btu output stanley oil fired range and i have three 4 foot double rads ,three 4 foot single rads and one 18 inch double rad connected to it.

How do i work out the btu total of all the rads , reason i ask is i was thinking of repacing the three 4 foot single rads with three 4 foot doubles and i want to know is my range able to heat the extra double rads.

It has no problem heating all the rads atm , in fact all the rads are boiling hot :)

Thanks for any advice on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

MANSFIELD wrote: »
    Hi i have a 80,000 btu output stanley oil fired range and i have three 4 foot double rads ,three 4 foot single rads and one 18 inch double rad connected to it.

How do i work out the btu total of all the rads , reason i ask is i was thinking of repacing the three 4 foot single rads with three 4 foot doubles and i want to know is my range able to heat the extra double rads.

It has no problem heating all the rads atm , in fact all the rads are boiling hot :)

Thanks for any advice on this.

I had a look at stelrad online and looked at their radiator output schedule. This is for the standard steel rads at 600mm height.

A 4 foot double rad, double convector are 7,000btu;s each and the 4 foot singles are 4,000btu's each. the 18 inch double is 3,000btu's.
    Your rad sizes I converted to; 4 foot double = 600x1200 double. 4 foot single 600x1200single and the 18 inch rad as a 600x500 double.

The total output of your radiators assuming standard steel panel radiators with a height of 2 feet or 600mm is around 37,000-38,000btu's.

Your cooker as its 80,000btu's will easily run larger rads plus more:D

Stove Fan:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Radiators tend to have different outputs ,roll top radiators are usually a higher output when compared to standard rads of the same size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭MANSFIELD

Stove Fan wrote: »
    I had a look at stelrad online and looked at their radiator output schedule. This is for the standard steel rads at 600mm height.

A 4 foot double rad, double convector are 7,000btu;s each and the 4 foot singles are 4,000btu's each. the 18 inch double is 3,000btu's.
    Your rad sizes I converted to; 4 foot double = 600x1200 double. 4 foot single 600x1200single and the 18 inch rad as a 600x500 double.

The total output of your radiators assuming standard steel panel radiators with a height of 2 feet or 600mm is around 37,000-38,000btu's.

Your cooker as its 80,000btu's will easily run larger rads plus more:D

Stove Fan:)

Many thanks Stove Fan , thats exactly the info i was looking for. :D

Advertisement