Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take-away delivery - not enough money to give me change

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

No, it's actually the principal.

Tell you what...spend a week delivering pizzas in a beat-up Nissan Micra to Irish dole-scum who can't even be bothered to cook food for their families and who'd rather feed their kids trans-fat salt-laden take-out junk food and then come on here complaining that you've been done out of €2 by some poor eastern-european/asian worker that's on minimum wage.

Walk a mile in that person's shoes and then I'll start to listen to you.

Bono ? ... Is that you ? ... Chris Martin ? ... Geldof ? ..... Mother Theresa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

RayCon wrote: »
    Bono ? ... Is that you ? ... Chris Martin ? ... Geldof ? ..... Mother Theresa ?
    Nope, tonight I'm your pizza delivery man, and guess what?...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH OP I would find that sort of behaviour wrong. If a tip is forthcoming then it should be your choice not his. I take on board that legally he did nothing wrong but from a business perspective he has provided a bad service to the customer and left them with a bad feeling from the transaction. In the past when I have received service like this no matter what industry or service it is I have tended to move my business elsewhere.

OP I think you should complain and it should be along the lines of you would expect them to give change from a 20 euro note for a 11 euro purchase. I would also say that being forced to give a tip of 2 euro is not something that you would expect foisted upon you and will factor negatively in any future decisions you have on making purchases from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

kona wrote: »
    If you Know that you need to get over e5 in change maybe tell them when you order? So the driver can get the change.
    Id have thought some simple maths/cop on would easily solve problems like this.

If I order pizza chinese or other take away food for maybe €20 and the driver has not got change of €50 I dont accept the food tell them to p1ss off then ring the shop to complain and give them detailed instruction on what they can do with the returned food, then I order food from another shop. I have never told any shop when ordering that i will be paying with a €50.

if delivery drivers claim they dont have change of €50 on a friday or saturday night they are lying and should not be trusted! Giving someone €32.50 change usually ends up in the driver getting a €2.50 tip but claiming to not have enough change will result in refusing the food and complaints to the boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you have only a €50 note best to tell the place when ordering and give them a heads up.

Not telling them to piss off and then complaining and the end result is you get no food and the business lost a sale
    Then you make more phonecalls and wait even longer for another delivery
    Now Foggy lad, isn't that a much easier solution?

For the OP though, any driver should have change for €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If a Pizza driver ever short changed me like the OP's situation then I'd order a delivery of several custom pizzas another day and when it arrived, complain that I was short-changed and that's why I "didn't" order these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jamesbrond

Should have phoned the pizza shop. Told them the story and asked them if they wanted to leave the pizza and come back with change later and you would pay.

Or they could just take the pizza back and you would order somewhere else that night and in future.

I wouldnt let them take the pizza away and then come back with it and change. Never know what would be in it when you got it back.

Advertisement