Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 RPG expert needed.

Options
  • 27-02-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

I have the following obscure-ish games for the ps2

Xenosaga II

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifers Call

Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

Shadow Hearts 2 & 3

Should I just sell them all now or do you think they'll be worth something in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd hang on to them. The SMT games all got a rerelease very recently so aren't going for much at the moment. SMT is on the verge of becoming huge so they could be worth something down the line.

A PAL version of Xenosaga might be worth something. It's the only episode released here and there weren't many copies.

Shadow Hearts 2 and 3 have a big cult following so worth hanging on to just in case as well.

It can be hard to tell with these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

I also have Koudelka, Star Ocean 2 Second Story and Parasite Eve II for the PSX. Any opinions on those?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Koudelka I think is quite rare, hang on to that.

Star Ocean 2 if it's PAL then hang on to it!!! It's as rare as hens teeth! If it's NTSC then it's not so rare.

Parasite Eve 2 I expect won't be an expensive game. Quite a few copies and most people don't like it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

0verblood wrote: »
    I also have Koudelka, Star Ocean 2 Second Story and Parasite Eve II for the PSX. Any opinions on those?

Star ocean 2 is a jem of a game,hang onto that!

Star Ocean 2 is indeed PAL.

As is Xenosaga II.

I think I also have Breath of Fire III & IV but I need to root around the attic. And lots of other obscure shyte.

The thing is, I'm broke on the dole... I need the money now! HOW LONG DOES "HANG ON TO THAT" TAKE?!?!?!

I also have Tombi 1 and I've just checked it on ebay... worth a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maybe stick them up on ebay and see how much you can get for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I had all those games, sold them last year. if your smart about where you sell them and if in good condition you can easily get €50 to €100 each

Care to explain your mystical secrets via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Star ocean 2 is a jem of a game,hang onto that!

Sweet , ive a mint copy of this, plus its a decent game.
    Playing video game characters within a game without them knowing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

boiledeggs wrote: »
    I had all those games, sold them last year. if your smart about where you sell them and if in good condition you can easily get €50 to €100 each

Interesting... I have a few of those as well and had no idea they went for so much. I'm pretty sure I picked them all up for a lot less recently enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Unless you don't have signed versions or special editions they will probably never be worth anything more than they are worth now.
    The thing with PS2 games was/is that
    1. masses have been produced and looking around a bit you can still even find new versions since not all of them have been sold in the first place and
    2. they get remade on a regular basis if they were good, so people usually rather buy the remakes.

Also, the games that you mentioned (I played all of them) were great, but unfortunately no bestsellers.
    Shadow Hearts might get sold on ebay or so for 10 Euros if you're lucky, but Xenosaga (though it was a great game) flopped real bad and The SMGs never got really popular in the first place - not in Europe, anyway.

I have the following obscure-ish games for the ps2

Xenosaga II

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifers Call

Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

Shadow Hearts 2 & 3

Should I just sell them all now or do you think they'll be worth something in the future?

What episode of this do you have?

kickarykee wrote: »
    Also, the games that you mentioned (I played all of them) were great, but unfortunately no bestsellers.

Eh and this is the reason that they could sell for loads in a few months time. Looks at Suikoden 2, Xenogears, Tombi and Valkyrie Profile on the PS1. Fantastic games that didn't sell well. Then word gets out that they are good and collectors and enthusiasts try to buy what little copies are available.

Sure SMT Lucifiers Call was selling for 80-100 euro on ebay before it got a reprint in the US and here.

The hard part is figuring out which one will be the next Suikoden 2.

Sephiroth, what exactly are you asking about? What episode of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Wasn't episode II of xenosaga the only one to get released here?
    Also this thread really makes me annoyed about trading games in when I was younger.

Sephiroth, what exactly are you asking about? What episode of what?

Sorry,I was asking what episode of xenosaga you have?

Xenosaga episode 3 is the really rare one. Nobody bought it because the previous 2 games were crap but it turns out the third was really good supposedly.

I have episode II.

I just threw Tombi into the PS1 there, needed to play it a bit before putting it up on ebay. It wouldn't load past the select language screen! It's not scratched too badly though.

What should I do?!! Do those disc scratch removal services really work?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Collectors: you are the bane of games players everywhere.

And yet you're too stingy to set up a true museum of your "collections".

Kokiki why are games collectors the bane of games players everywhere?

I'm not a collector, I'm just trying to sell my games that were lying around my house for years and I found out that they happen to be worth more than the average game. Should I sell them for 99cent each or something?

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Collectors: you are the bane of games players everywhere.

And yet you're too stingy to set up a true museum of your "collections".

True. I really hate hoarders as well. I have a few rare games but I buy them to play them. What's even worse is collectors that hold on to pieces of gaming history like proto carts and unreleased games and don't dump them as roms.

As for Tombi, find somewhere that will resurface it or else give it to me for a tenner :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What's even worse is collectors that hold on to pieces of gaming history like proto carts and unreleased games and don't dump them as roms.

Like that arsehole who owns Resident Evil 1.5
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As for Tombi, find somewhere that will resurface it or else give it to me for a tenner :P

Offer refused :pac:

Does resurfacing work? What kind of shop would do that?

I think xtra vision, game or gamestops do it. Basically they polish off the top layer with the scratches and smooth it so it depends on how deep the scratches are if it will work. Small scratches are fine.

It could also be your PS1 or PS2, those things have awful lasers and will fail after a few months.

I tried it on my ps1 and ps2, didn't work, and all other games work fine on them. The scratches are not deep at all, just a bit scuffed.

I'll call into Xtra Vision tomorrow so.

By the way retrogamer, do you have any rare ps1 or ps2 titles? What are the most valuable you have?

Advertisement