Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult beginners ballet lessons Dublin

• 27-02-2011 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,
    I'm a 32yo guy looking to start taking adult beginners ballet lessons in Dublin. Would be really grateful if anyone could recommend some. Also some advice on what to wear would be useful. I have black ballet tights and ballet slippers but not sure to wear them to first class?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭television

hi,im sure that would be fine:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 Wanting

Glad to see you are getting back into it!
    For guys my studio requires them to wear black ballet tights or legging, soft ballet shoes and a tight white vest or white t-shirt leotard (most go for the vest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Polly_12

Hi Wanting.

Thanks for reply. Where are you taking the ballet lessons...is it in Dublin?

Thanks
    Peter

where do you take lessons,thanks:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 Wanting

Im currently taking lessons in roscommon. Im 18 so after looking up adult classes and finding none near me I decided to just try the local ballet schools. One in Roscommon was kind enough to let me join in with the younger kids (ages around 12-14) and put me straight into grade 5. Im the oldest there and while I was embarresed at first I love it and am quickly catching up to the younger girls. There are one or two that give me weird looks but the majority of them are really nice.
    The teacher is also really nice, when she uses a french term that I dont know she then says "just incase anyone forgot what that was this is how you do it ____ and it means this ____"
    She doesnt single me out which I really appriciate.

Since you are located in Dublin you should be able to find some adult classes. I am going to take adult classes in Dublin during the summer so I can improve. It will mean getting the train up there and back but when its something I love I really dont mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Clarari

Hello I am almost 29 and would also like to take ballet classes (beginner!) any ideas where to go in Dublin?
    thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

Try the NPAS..down near the grand canal dock www.npas.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Dance House on Foley Street do all sorts of dance classes including ballet. Would be good to see more guys at the classes - I do jazz ballet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jensennhook

One of my frustrations..i dreamt to be a ballerina but sadly don't have any talent or skills so to lessen my sadness i drowned myself watching ballet shows and movies of barbie, of course, just think i'm the one who's dancing.:D

hi.are you a guy or girl?,not that it matters,just go for it,you will have fun,maybe we can dance together:)

• Advertisement

i actually wear ladies dance wear in ballet class,:p

Advertisement