Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which flight sim ?

• 27-02-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Im looking to build a sim . Should i go with fs2004 or FSX? im looking to either use multiple projectors, or some type of virtual reality googles, happy to hear any suggestions? i have a large room, so i have the space . I live out in the country and we only have mobile broadband here, according to Speedtest my sppeds are 0.9MB download and 0.2 upload, ping speed is 135m/s . is this speed sufficent to fly on VATSIM? all advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I think for a sim fs2004 would be better because of performance, what sort of computer specs have you?

Good luck with the project, be sure to post a couple of pics ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Ever think of trying X-Plane? X-Plane 10 is meant to be a big hit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I can't see a problem with your ping on VATSIM, tbh. It seems perfectly fine - it's not as if you're playing a FPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, but having that ping momentarily isn't the problem. Mobile pings are very inconsistent. You'd be in trouble as soon as someone in the area clicks a Youtube link

Advertisement