Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@the Park - Marley Park concerts 2011

Options
  • 27-02-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anybody heard any news about who's playing Marley Park this year? It's normally around this time of year that they announce who's playing? i've heard that the cure or muse will be playing from various people but i don't believe anything. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

No one knows if there will be a Marlay concert this year.

I'd say it will be announced sometime in March. After that I'm not sure if anyone would be announced in April or any later than that.

But yeah I would imagine Muse will play too.

It appears The Cure were supposed to play but it was cancelled.

http://www.last.fm/event/1777992+The+Cure+(unconfirmed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I never knew Muse were a rumour :eek: I would be delighted, 2 brilliant Marlay Park concerts in a row :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well if Muse play Reading/Leeds i could see them doing a show in Marlay again

Sorry for my previous comment about acts being announced in March.

Metallica were only announced in April when they played in 2008, so its not too late yet.

Really hope Marlay is announced this year, as they've had a gig every year since 1999.

Last year with Green Day was phenomenal, I would lov to go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Prefer Malaise Castle myself, 5 mins walk from my house, and easy for people to get to as dart station across road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

scudzilla wrote: »
    Prefer Malaise Castle myself, 5 mins walk from my house, and easy for people to get to as dart station across road
    Id love that just a 10 min drive away from me (Rush). What about Ardgillan castle? They have had a few gigs there before, has anyone been to a gig there? Does anyone know why they have not used it in the last couple of years??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Muse would be brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Does anyone know why they have not used it in the last couple of years??
    The surrounding area was destroyed by inconsiderate people the last time therefore it's unlikely any more concerts will get planning permission there.

It's a shame as it is such a good natural site for a concert http://www.balbriggan.net/howley2.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Muse would be an epic concert! =D

Their live set is always immense and god only knows what crazy props they might bring for the stage set up.. =P

• Advertisement

Someone on Twitter thinks that Muse are headlining Reading, they say their source is legit.
    If that does happen to be true, do ye think it would increase the chances of Muse playing Marlay Park?

Someone on Twitter thinks that Muse are headlining Reading, they say their source is legit.
    If that does happen to be true, do ye think it would increase the chances of Muse playing Marlay Park?

Yup it will increase the chances. Ive seen Muse 4 times 3 outdoors and once indoors , and must say they are way better indoors. Hopefully we get the same bands from R&L on the bill on before them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Muse were only here last summer, and November 2009, jesus I mean cmon.. just get the Kings of Leon again then and be done with it.

The Cure would be brilliant, don't see it happening though due to Bestival.

nm wrote: »
    Muse were only here last summer, and November 2009, jesus I mean cmon.. just get the Kings of Leon again then and be done with it.

The difference being Muse are a brilliant live band. KOL meh the less I say the better :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was just talking about Marlay Pk gigs with a Garda friend of mine over the weekend. Take it as here say but he mentioned planning permission problems for Marlay park also, and objections from local residents regards a gig not happening this year.

I live in the area , actually if I look out my window here I can see it, but I did here murmurings along those lines too. Like I said don't take that as gospel.

Really can't see what the issue could be myself, the concerts have always been well run there regards crowds and traffic to my eyes, and mess is always cleaned up very quickly. I'd object on the grounds I don't get free tickets :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

calex71 wrote: »
    I was just talking about Marlay Pk gigs with a Garda friend of mine over the weekend. Take it as here say but he mentioned planning permission problems for Marlay park also, and objections from local residents regards a gig not happening this year.

I went there last year and left the grounds about 10 mins early, sound in full flow. I literally could not hear a thing when I went outside the park (towards hockey club) because of where the stage was orientated. So i doubt sound is an issue. They did cut it back to 1 gig probably due to the recession.

Kings of Leon are playing Slane, why the fukc would they play Marlay Park too? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

Do people think Muse are a serious prospect? tbh i cant see it happening but really hope they do come again. As far as i know there almost a cert to play reading and leeds, When will reading and leeds line up be announced? Muse also have announced 3 shows in Russia and Ukraine for May.
    http://muse.mu/news/article/746/muse-to-play-in-russia-and-ukraine/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

id love to see kasabian play marley park. there ****ing amazing live and would love to see them with maybe beady eye or mumford and sons as support

ricero wrote: »
    id love to see kasabian play marley park. there ****ing amazing live and would love to see them with maybe beady eye or mumford and sons as support

Yea would love to see Kasabian (for the 5th time ) , although once Beady Eye stay away :) .

• Advertisement

Yea would love to see Kasabian (for the 5th time ) , although once Beady Eye stay away :) .

yea ive seen kasabian a good lot and they just get better and better with each performance. no beady eye love :eek: i love the new stuff. i cant wait for the olympia gig

Kasabian I have seen them 4 times in the last 3 years and they just get better every time :)

Ive actually seen them every year since 2006

Marley Park 06 - Supporting Faithless
    Dublin Castle 07
    Marley Park 08 - Supporting Muse
    The O2 09
    Oxegen 10

The best have to be the Dublin Castle and O2 gigs. Personally they are way better on their own and they keep getting better

Ive actually seen them every year since 2006

Marley Park 06 - Supporting Faithless
    Dublin Castle 07
    Marley Park 08 - Supporting Muse
    The O2 09
    Oxegen 10

The best have to be the Dublin Castle and O2 gigs. Personally they are way better on their own and they keep getting better

yea that o2 gig was the best gig ive ever been to

ricero wrote: »
    yea that o2 gig was the best gig ive ever been to
    Fire that night was crazy (Same with Slane in 09) I got from the back to the front both times during that song :P

Kings of Leon are playing Slane, why the fukc would they play Marlay Park too? :confused:

Er.. yes, that was my point.

Both them and Muse should **** off and take a break, most definitely overkill has set in

Er.. yes, that was my point.

Both them and Muse should **** off and take a break, most definitely overkill has set in

Whoops, my bad, I thought you said you wanted KOL to play Marlay Park :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

KoL can go on however long of a break they want but I really want to see Muse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Maybe I'm out of touch but neither Muse nor the Cure nor Kings of Leon would bother me in the slightest and I wouldn't want any of those acts performing

I would rather see someone unusual, or someone unexpected, perhaps the Manic Street Preachers...which is NEVER going to happen....

• Advertisement

I would rather see someone unusual, or someone unexpected, perhaps the Manic Street Preachers...which is NEVER going to happen....

Well they can't sell out a 1,300 capacity theatre, so booking them for 32,000 capacity park would be fairly unusual alright.

Advertisement