Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@the Park - Marley Park concerts 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I'd had hopes Daft Punk would be making a return but I've pretty much given them up. They do have a remix album of the Tron soundtrack coming out in April but, to be honest, I think we'd be lucky to see them tour again in this decade at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Kasabian would be brilliant. I like Marlay Park, saw The Killers there in 08 and Green Day last year. Green Day last year was one of the best shows I've ever been to.
    I've only seen Kasabian at Oxegen last year and they were incredible, I'd love to seem them in a headline gig. And any talk of Mumford or Beady Eye warming up has me very excited :D
    Don't know how likely it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Kasabian would be brilliant. I like Marlay Park, saw The Killers there in 08 and Green Day last year. Green Day last year was one of the best shows I've ever been to.
    I've only seen Kasabian at Oxegen last year and they were incredible, I'd love to seem them in a headline gig. And any talk of Mumford or Beady Eye warming up has me very excited :D
    Don't know how likely it is though
    Muse and Kasabian at Marlay in 08 was epic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Here's hoping for Eminem or the Cure! :)
    Still disappointed that Eminem get's a UK festival date this year leaving out Oxegen...

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Here's hoping for Eminem or the Cure! :)
    Still disappointed that Eminem get's a UK festival date this year leaving out Oxegen...

I gots me ticket for V Festival :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Theres no way I can see Muse headlining Marlay when KOL are in Slane same year. Muse are way bigger and better band, would have been a much better option for slane :(

Will wait and see though!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

It still depresses me that Kings of Leon got Slane.

What about Biffy Clyro for Marley? They only played Oxegen lastyear and a small Arthurs da y gig in Dublin. Their headlining Sonisphere so could it be a possibility?

Maybe Linkin Park, as they are on a world tour and have not been here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

RADIOHEAD......again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Biffy Clyro would be the shizz!

I wouldn't go to Linkin Park

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Biffy wouldnt be able to sell out Marley , they could be main support

Yeah I thought that too, but I would take that no bother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Actually the Manic Street Preachers would be deadly alright, love their new album, if they couldn't sell out, supporting act maybe?

How about The National, they just brought out a new album? Or would they prolly not because of Oxegen? Red Hot Chilli Peppers would be ace their album would be out by then and they haven't played in Ireland in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Hopefully Radiohead will play if it goes ahead this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Hopefully Radiohead will play if it goes ahead this year.

i t would be un green for radiohead to play here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Actually the Manic Street Preachers would be deadly alright, love their new album, if they couldn't sell out, supporting act maybe?

How about The National, they just brought out a new album? Or would they prolly not because of Oxegen? Red Hot Chilli Peppers would be ace their album would be out by then and they haven't played in Ireland in a while

I would kill for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers to play at Slane.

But no I really doubt they will be doing a world tour of their new album until late this year early next year perhaps.

I could prob see them playing the 02 or Slane next year. Chad said another Slane show was a possibility.

Maybe R.E.M with support from Beady Eye and Brandon Flowers would be a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah the videos of when they were at slane look amazing. About touring, they have already announced a few dates already in various countries, think there's one in the summer and another one in Japan in September, so you never know.

Yeah R.E.M would be good actually, wouldn't mind that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoshHomme

R>E.M aren't touring their new album apparently so that's a no-go (pity) Muse seem realistic, not sure i'd go though, really have seen em enough t.imes now. By some miracle i'm still hoping Metallica and the rest of the Big 4 do it

I'm starting to doubt there will be a MP gig at all this year, I mean they had the support announced this time last year =/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    What about Biffy Clyro for Marley? They only played Oxegen lastyear and a small Arthurs da y gig in Dublin. Their headlining Sonisphere so could it be a possibility?

Don't think that Biffy would pull the crowd as a headliner since a lot of their fans have only liked them for a year or so. The crowd for Oxegen was pretty dire.

They played Belsonic in Belfast last August too, one of the best gigs I've been to.

Could see them as a main support maybe.

Before Foo Fighters were announced for Oxegen I saw them as a big possibility Milton Keynes style. I though maybe Arcade Fire since they are playing Hyde Park in June and Edinburgh Castle in September....but then EP got them.

• Advertisement

audreykerr wrote: »
    Don't think that Biffy would pull the crowd as a headliner since a lot of their fans have only liked them for a year or so. The crowd for Oxegen was pretty dire.

They played Belsonic in Belfast last August too, one of the best gigs I've been to.

Could see them as a main support maybe.

Before Foo Fighters were announced for Oxegen I saw them as a big possibility Milton Keynes style. I though maybe Arcade Fire since they are playing Hyde Park in June and Edinburgh Castle in September....but then EP got them.
    Maybe Chillis in August?

Or Metallica . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I hope Muse do this as a warm up for Reading like they did in 2008 for V. They're celebrating 10 years since Origin of Symmetry was released this year so they're planning on including lots old songs in the setlist. Would love to be able to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Maybe Chillis in August?

Or Metallica . . . . .

I would be over the moon with joy if the Chilli's were announed.

But by the looks of things they won't be returning to Ireland until next year after the new album comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

nommm wrote: »
    I hope Muse do this as a warm up for Reading like they did in 2008 for V. They're celebrating 10 years since Origin of Symmetry was released this year so they're planning on including lots old songs in the setlist. Would love to be able to see them again.

They also said they were bringing a new stage to those 2 shows only and wouldn't be using it anywhere else.

Count Muse out, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

aphex™ wrote: »
    They also said they were bringing a new stage to those 2 shows only and wouldn't be using it anywhere else.

Count Muse out, I think.

Did they not want an exclusive UFO stage set at V in 08?
    Because festivals pay more and so they can have a more elaborate stage set up?

Clinging on to my Muse hopes desperately....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

audreykerr wrote: »
    Did they not want an exclusive UFO stage set at V in 08?
    Because festivals pay more and so they can have a more elaborate stage set up?

Clinging on to my Muse hopes desperately....

It's usually the festival wants the exclusive headline performance in the UK.

In this case the band are saying they won't be using the stage anywhere else ergo no 3rd Irish show with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

They've got three other stage productions from the last era to bring with them instead. :o *remains hopeful*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Went down to the Spar today and met up with an old friend, apparently he said that he was talking to an old school friend of his, who's neighbour is a distant auntie of a guy who used to work in a certain Dunnes Stores (Not gonna mention which one as it'll give the game away)
    Anyways, the manager of this Dunnes Stores has a sister who left Ireland to live in UK 8 years ago, this sister get's her milk delivered from the Milkman, and this exact same Milkman used to go to school with the Uncle of Matt Bellamy, he spoke with Matt's Uncle last week and apparently Muse will be playing Ireland this year.

Hope that clears up the mystery for you guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

When is Marley usually on? If it's July, I'd say Muse are unlikely. They don't have any dates on their site for July and this may be because Kate Hudson is due their baby in July.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Went down to the Spar today and met up with an old friend, apparently he said that he was talking to an old school friend of his, who's neighbour is a distant auntie of a guy who used to work in a certain Dunnes Stores (Not gonna mention which one as it'll give the game away)
    Anyways, the manager of this Dunnes Stores has a sister who left Ireland to live in UK 8 years ago, this sister get's her milk delivered from the Milkman, and this exact same Milkman used to go to school with the Uncle of Matt Bellamy, he spoke with Matt's Uncle last week and apparently Muse will be playing Ireland this year.

Hope that clears up the mystery for you guys ;)

Call me a cynic, but this whole story sounds a bit hairy to me

Advertisement