Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@the Park - Marley Park concerts 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Hiya CiaranK, I was at the gig tonight in England, I posted a quick review on the other thread. :)

Cool, I'll have a look at it now. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

really looking forward to daltrey tomorrow night....he's in top form

can i ask...is there seating there? (i'm hoping not) but the ticket has a seat number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 radicalcleric

coolegrain wrote: »
    can i ask...is there seating there? (i'm hoping not) but the ticket has a seat number

Yeah, seating up at the back. Quite a bit back from the stage to be honest. I was at Joanna Newsom last night, and while the standing area seemed fairly full (up until the last minute it seemed the place would be half empty, but many of the punters just stayed outside on the grass drinking until Joanna came on), the seating seemed pretty sparsely populated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

We have seated tix for 2Many DJs, i presume the people with seated tix are allowed to mix freely with the standing crowd? Dont fancy sitting for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Anyone know who the 'Very Special Guest' for Roger Daltry is tomorrow night?

Cant wait for the gig now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

re:seating,
    from Shinny's post on the previous page, it seems as though your ticket will only get checked when you're going up to the seats, so you can go into the standing area even with a sitting ticket.

There would definitely be no difficulty in standing if you have a seating ticket. They check your ticket on the way into the grounds, and then the only other check is if you want to go to the seating area itself

Cant see any bars in those pics. I assume its not a drink free gig?

PaulD77 wrote: »
    Cant see any bars in those pics. I assume its not a drink free gig?

Of course not, this is Ireland! Carlsberg, Guinness and wine on sale. There's also a mojito cocktail stand as well

• Advertisement

Of course not, this is Ireland! Carlsberg, Guinness and wine on sale. There's also a mojito cocktail stand as well

Cheers, Mojito's it is so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Sick of not being able to get cider at gigs!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your answers.....one last question...what time does the place open up to go in and, usually, what time does the main act come on ?

edit: its ok...found it...

Stge times for Roger Daltrey tomorrow night @theparkmusic - 6pm doors, 7:15pm Paul Freeman, 8:15pm Roger Daltrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Here's one of the videos I took that night....

that looks really good....thanks for all this...gives me an idea of what it'll be like tomorrow night...
    there seems to be no gap between the front row and the stage...a good thing.
    is there a gap ??
    sounds like a well organised place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

that looks really good....thanks for all this...gives me an idea of what it'll be like tomorrow night...
    is there a gap ??

I'm fairly sure there is a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

is there a gap ??

If that's the case - expect a handshake from the man himself at the end!!

God if it wasn't for work I'd fly home to see it again :(:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

is there a gap ??

There is a gap. I saw security pulling people out into this during The Coronas. There was also a bit of a platform down into the crowd. Royseven lead singer came right down into the crowd and Danny from The Coronas walked down a little bit at one stage. But it could be a different set up for other acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Any idea of Set Times for 2 many dj's and Felix ?

Sounds like they will be on pretty early and all over by 11ish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

dario28 wrote: »
    Any idea of Set Times for 2 many dj's and Felix ?

Sounds like they will be on pretty early and all over by 11ish ?

Could do with this info myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

whats the easiest way to get there , i don't know that side of the city (yes i am a scummy northsider)

Any idea where the nearest pub is?

eoinf wrote: »
    whats the easiest way to get there , i don't know that side of the city (yes i am a scummy northsider)

Any idea where the nearest pub is?

We got a taxi from ciity centre to Eden House(5 minute walk away). €20, there was 4 of us so only 5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Eden is a nice place, I suspect they'll have a strict door policy in place for any gig day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah, the Eden can be rough around the time of these gigs. Metallica a few years ago was a case in point. Fans simply used the green areas near the pub and behind the large wall off Grange Road to drink their cans. They don't usually have a bouncer on the door but they might employ one for these two weeks.

Yeah, the Eden can be rough around the time of these gigs. Metallica a few years ago was a case in point. Fans simply used the green areas near the pub and behind the large wall off Grange Road to drink their cans. They don't usually have a bouncer on the door but they might employ one for these two weeks.

I was at the Metallica gig. They had a heap of door staff on, but they couldnt do anything about lads drinking outside it. There was a few rows too, but they were in quickly to sort it.

They had 2 lads on the door last night. Im not sure how many people were actually at the gig, but the pub was busy, but not packed. Nice crowd too, no trouble at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

From what I understand, Marlay gigs are by far and away the busiest nights in the Eden, bar Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

two quick questions, i was at Metallica and Fatboy Slim in Marly park and i was wondering if two things have changed,

1. is parking on the grounds still free??

2. is there pit passes for the first x amount? or is it open area with the new layout?

still need to get tickets for 2many djs but don't see them selling out

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Yes parking still free

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

two quick questions, i was at Metallica and Fatboy Slim in Marly park and i was wondering if two things have changed,

1. is parking on the grounds still free??

2. is there pit passes for the first x amount? or is it open area with the new layout?

still need to get tickets for 2many djs but don't see them selling out

Parking is free in the grounds and is about a ten minute walk from carpark to the tent.

There is no pit, it's just open inside the tent. It's not really big enough for a pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Stage times anyone?

Advertisement