Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@the Park - Marley Park concerts 2011

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows what time the acts will be on for the Rodrigo y Gabriela/Seasick Steve gig? I've got a mate coming up from cork who's cutting it a bit fine, and I'm wondering what time you could safely arrive at.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Stage times anyone?

for 2many djs its

9.20pm 2manydjs
    8pm Felix Da Housecat
    7pm Proxy
    6pm Feed Me
    5.05pm DJs Church and Gordo
    5pm Doors

not sure about any other gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

for 2many djs its

9.20pm 2manydjs
    8pm Felix Da Housecat
    7pm Proxy
    6pm Feed Me
    5.05pm DJs Church and Gordo
    5pm Doors

not sure about any other gigs
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=1010131&ar=2manydjs&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

can you get tickets on the door/gate/enterance tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Hey there, just wondering if anyone knows what time the acts will be on for the Rodrigo y Gabriela/Seasick Steve gig? I've got a mate coming up from cork who's cutting it a bit fine, and I'm wondering what time you could safely arrive at.

Rodrigo Y Gabriela
    Marlay Park
    Sun 31 Jul 11

back

5:00PM Doors

6:30PM Gemma Hayes

7:30PM Seasick Steve

9:15PM Rodrigo y Gabriela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

eoinf wrote: »
    can you get tickets on the door/gate/enterance tonight?

Should be seateds available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Was there tonight the brothers were as always savage! Wasn't as many scumbags as I thought there would be. Crowd was pretty young though. All in all a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bangin night, Felix did a really bumping set, really enjoyed it, wonder was him being cut off real or an act. Only regret is I didnt get to go on stage at the end :p

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

unreal gig!!! 3rd time see in 2manydj's and they never fail to impress!!!

any one kno if the sets ever get released by them to be downloaded? I've gotten a few random sets they have done but id like one of the irish sets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Only 1 sleep left til Seasick Steve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Only 1 sleep left til Seasick Steve!

Can't wait, I seen him at Pukkelpop 2007. He gets the place kickin' and he seems very humble too!

Now all I have to do is get a ticket :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Still my favourite live act, although deeply surprised by the absence of Peach Plum Pear :eek:

I think she's still trying to live down Owen Pallet's whoring of it. Sounds like a real good night, ashamed I couldn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone got the stage times for Bel X1?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

funnyname wrote: »
    Anyone got the stage times for Bel X1?

Stage times for Saturday's show are....

5:30 Cashier No 9
    6:30 Easy Star All Stars
    7:45 The Editors
    9:15 Bell X1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

What's the handiest way to get there from town?

I know the 16 bus stops outside the entrance however it's not that frequent and is bound to be full fairly fast. Was thinking of getting the luas to Dundrum and walking from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

funnyname wrote: »
    What's the handiest way to get there from town?

I know the 16 bus stops outside the entrance however it's not that frequent and is bound to be full fairly fast. Was thinking of getting the luas to Dundrum and walking from there.

You'd be far better off getting the 16. It's reasonably frequent. It's about a 30 minute walk from the luas up, and that's only if you know your way up through the estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Small bit excited for Editors tomorrow!

Think I'll be shooting straight for the taxi after it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

thought it was a nice set-up on Saturday but the rain ruined ita bit but at least people were forced inside.

Impressed with Cashier No.9 met Danny outside,pretty nice fella to boot.

I was mainly there to see Editors and while it was a good gig I feel they could have turned it up a notch,maybe it was the sub-dued crowd

Easy star All stars version of karma police was a highlight aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Brilliant Gig, Bell X1 were just sublime. Amazing performance as usual from the lads. My 6th or 7th time seeing them live and they have never failed to please. Just an amazing live band, the crowd really got into it too.

However it was ruined by the Monkeys from Marathon buses. I purchased a return ticket for myself and the missus on Georges Quay from them but there was to be no return part to that ticket.

We made our way out immediately after the gig to find approx 40 other people standing there in the freezing cold and wet for nearly an hour waiting for our bus. Some people started to ring to see where our bus was. On the way we were told or to ring Clive! However 15 minutes later still no bus and the lights were turned off in the car park.

So we were now wet, cold and standing in an open car park in the pitch dark. At this stage we all headed up to the main gates/road and some people started to flag down passing cabs. But at least 20 others remained waiting for the Phantom bus to appear. After standing there for over an hour and a half the rest of us gave in to the cold and wet and got a fleet of taxi's into town.

The taxi cost 25 euro, plus two un-used return tickets at 5 euro each means I am out of pocket for 35 euros. Never again! They are worse then feckin useless and ruined an otherwise great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Gillington wrote: »
    Impressed with Cashier No.9 met Danny outside,pretty nice fella to boot.

D'ya know I always thought they were called 'Cashew No. 9', and do you know why?

Michelle Doherty - Phantom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Brilliant Gig, Bell X1 were just sublime. Amazing performance as usual from the lads. My 6th or 7th time seeing them live and they have never failed to please. Just an amazing live band, the crowd really got into it too.

However it was ruined by the Monkeys from Marathon buses. I purchased a return ticket for myself and the missus on Georges Quay from them but there was to be no return part to that ticket.

We made our way out immediately after the gig to find approx 40 other people standing there in the freezing cold and wet for nearly an hour waiting for our bus. Some people started to ring to see where our bus was. On the way we were told or to ring Clive! However 15 minutes later still no bus and the lights were turned off in the car park.

So we were now wet, cold and standing in an open car park in the pitch dark. At this stage we all headed up to the main gates/road and some people started to flag down passing cabs. But at least 20 others remained waiting for the Phantom bus to appear. After standing there for over an hour and a half the rest of us gave in to the cold and wet and got a fleet of taxi's into town.

The taxi cost 25 euro, plus two un-used return tickets at 5 euro each means I am out of pocket for 35 euros. Never again! They are worse then feckin useless and ruined an otherwise great night.

My bf and I waited 45 minutes before succumbing to hailing a taxi, I wonder if it ever came in the end?! And by that time taxis were sparse so we had to walk 15 minutes to find any.

Advertisement