Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxmantown Road - Now pay and display?

Options
  • 27-02-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when this changed? Was the only safe free parking close to my house and now its pay and display, so now I'm left with the break in zone that is Cowper street.

Very annoying. Going to apply for a parking permit but i'd imagine these are hard to get...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I lived on Oxmantown Road for a few months. I remember getting a leaflet in through the door about the possibility of pay and display coming in.

I lived just by the junction with Cowper Street. I never had any trouble with break ins or anything like that.

For what it's worth, residency parking discs are quite easy to get. I think they cost around 70 euro for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cianos wrote: »
    I lived on Oxmantown Road for a few months. I remember getting a leaflet in through the door about the possibility of pay and display coming in.

I lived just by the junction with Cowper Street. I never had any trouble with break ins or anything like that.

For what it's worth, residency parking discs are quite easy to get. I think they cost around 70 euro for a year.

Thanks for the reply. I live on Prussia street and there is no parking around there at all, space for maybe around 6 cars in one small strip but permits only. So I've been using Oxmantown Road as it's the nearest free parking around bar Cowper street - but I've had a brick through my window when parked there and stuff stolen, plus a few kicks in the door. I've also reported two other break ins on that road and saw plenty of glass piles over the few months I've been there.

Will speak to the landlord and see if he has any better chance of getting me a permit as he owns a lot of houses in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

maximoose wrote: »
    Very annoying. Going to apply for a parking permit but i'd imagine these are hard to get...

Why not apply for a permit yourself? Here's the instructions. AFAIK they're not hard to get, it's just that they don't guarantee a parking space. You'll need a lease signed by your landlord, a bill made out to your rental address and an insurance cert at the same address.

Advertisement