Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday with 18 month old?

• 27-02-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all

Myself and my partner are starting to look into ideas for summer breaks. Our little lady will be 18 months in August when we are planning to go

Anyone have any ideas on where would be a good spot to go with an 18 month old? We would probably be heading for a week and either in Ireland or abroad. I'm conscious too that it will be very hot in many Med countries in August and was wondering if anyone had any experience of warm climates with babies?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would think almost anywhere.
    We went to France with our little girl at 4 months old and brought her to Lanzarotte at 16 months.
    At that age they are so easy to travel with and everything is easy with 1.
    I would pick a place that was within walking distanc eof beach and shops though as I don't like hiring cars and car seats for the kids. I wouldn't suggest getting the ferry to France and bringing the car if you only have a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We are going to the 'Holiday Village' in the Algarve in June when Megan will be 18 months. Its all inclusive and we will be staying in an apart-hotel which means that the bedroom is separate for putting her down at night and then chilling on the balcony with some of that all inclusive wine and beer!

There are loads of the holiday villages about but the Algarve was the shortest flight.

I recently flew to the UK with Megan by myself and had no troubles at all! I thought it would be a nightmare travelling alone with a baby. Not so worried about going further afield now, especially as there will be 2 of us next time to mind her.

Anyway, it was the travel agent who recommended the holiday village. You should have a chat with your local travel agent and see what they can suggest for you. Even if you don't book with them they might offer some ideas that you hadn't thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

hi I have brought all of my kiddies abroad and had not 1 problem with any of them with the heat. once she can get in the water and go for a nap its no problem , if your not the uptight type of person and are flexible you will be fine as a holiday is a holiday so prepare to break all the home routines lol. I stayed in the JUTLANDIA in santa ponsa ideal for kids as they had stair gates and high chairs free !! lovely little kids pool too, might stay away from the canaries though as it does get really hot. portugal great too i brought mine to montechoro great holiday!! only a 2 and half hour flight !!

Advertisement