Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Game Covers (dial up warning:contains pics)

• 27-02-2011 9:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since I managed to buy 2 copies of EA hockey earlier in the week I decided I'd give my copy of starflight a new home.
    th_a9dce9ce.jpg
    Problem is that there doesnt seem to be a proper cover scan of it anywhere on the net.Eventually I get a copy of the front and back on mobygames.
    th_sffront.jpgth_sfback.jpg
    They're 2 seperate images , and as you might have noticed theres no side scan.
    th_RoadRash2-1.jpg
    Using a copy of roadrash as a template I get them resized, but now I'm stuck for a spine.After faffing about for a few minutes I end up using a still from the games title screen , its not accurate but I think it looks decent enough.
    th_starflight2.jpg
    If you're ever stuck and have to print off a replacement megadrive cover , its handy to know that the dimensions are 27cm Width x 17.1cm Height.
    th_f8827be6.jpg
    bit of cutting later and voila! ... a copy of starflight I can put up with the rest of my meg games on the shelf!
    th_906ac824.jpg
    th_65dfa43b.jpg
    I'm happy enough with it at least until I can get a proper boxed copy in the future(theres 2 small watermarks from moby games on the back , but I'd nearly rather have an upfront reproduction than trying to "fake" an original)
    Places like http://www.thecoverproject.net/ are handy for printing off these kind of things , but theres not much up there , so I might scan and upload the covers I have to my photobucket if they're any use to anyone..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice work!

There's a good inlay scan request thread over on Sega-16 if you're ever looking for Megadrive stuff -

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13759

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good job,

Like the title, "dial up warning", real retro stuff :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Heh well it IS Arcade and retro;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

eddhorse wrote: »
    Good job,

Like the title, "dial up warning", real retro stuff :)

Should be a 56k warning :)

Advertisement