Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't seem to edit one particular reply

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You posted that on the 24th, and today is the 27th.

I believe posts can only be edited for up to 48 hours, so it looks like that window closed for you in the early hours of Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

ok, didn't know that, is this a new thing or was it
    always this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,205 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Always

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think it's always been that way. If you PM the mod for the forum your post is in and request the edit, they might sort it out for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

You posted that on the 24th, and today is the 27th.

I believe posts can only be edited for up to 48 hours, so it looks like that window closed for you in the early hours of Saturday morning.
    I think it might only be 24 hours but I've never tested it so I don't know for sure.

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    I think it might only be 24 hours but I've never tested it so I don't know for sure.

I managed to find a post of mine from 44 hours ago in a forum I don't mod, and it says I can still edit it. I thought it used to be only 24 hours before, but I might have imagined that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nearly certain it was two days, but I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I managed to find a post of mine from 44 hours ago in a forum I don't mod, and it says I can still edit it. I thought it used to be only 24 hours before, but I might have imagined that.
    That sounds plausible enough for me :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

cheers all

Advertisement